Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is the atmStrategyId?

Hi,

what is the atmStrategyId means? How can I get it?

Thanks,
    T

thomson, this would be just a unique string by which your ATM started is identified - you can for example use http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gyuniqueid.htm to generate it.

A full sample on ATM's in NinjaScript is preinstalled with NT under the SampleAtmStrategy.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand, I have another question.
      If my strategy implement using ATM, is it possible change ATM stop lost/target price? eg, I have a entry long order, stop lost 8 and stop target is 20. Onbarupdate I want to change stoplost/target price to 5/30.
      If it is possible, how can I do that?

Thanks,
      T

Comment

Yes, we would have the AtmChangeStopTarget() method for this purpose - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stoptarget.htm

The call would be shown in the preinstalled sample as well to get started.

Comment

Great! Thanks for your quickly respond.
          Other questions,
          Q1:
          I know the ATM in the chart how to work, but in my auto trading strategy I am not sure how to use it.
          In AtmStrategyCreate, how to set up strategyTemplateName? I mean the stop lost and target is calculate onbarupdate dynamic in my strategy. when I using Atm to create my entryOrder, how to setup "strategyTemplateName"?
          Q2:
          Is strategyTemplateName in chart trader same as ATM strategy name?
          Q3:
          If strategyTemplateName is same as ATM strategy name, In my strategy, could I can named it by myself or I have to generate a ATM strategy name first before I use it?

Thanks
          T
          Last edited by thomson; 02-04-2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

1. The strategy template name would a string you can point to your already created template from the SuperDOM or ChartTrader windows. You cannot create this programmatically. You can then later change the stop / target values dynamically as desired.

2. Correct, it would the name under which you have saved your template from SuperDOM / ChartTrader.

3. Correct, you have to setup a template to be used first on SuperDOM / ChartTrader, then you your AtmStrategyCreate() call can use that.

I will highly recommend our sample preinstalled with NT again, it would introduce all those concepts and present a usable setup to get started right away.

Comment

Thanks for your quickly respond, Bertrand.
              May I get more deeply information about Atm?
              Q1,Where is strategy template name saved? Is it possible create strategy template name by my strategy code?
              Q2,According answer 1, may I believe the ATM strategy only load strategy template once at the AtmStrategyCreate() time? I think if we can change stop lost/target,that means strategy template is not working after AtmStrategyCreate(). Is that correct?
              Q3, if Q2 yes, could I write code setup stop lost/target when I call AtmStrategyCreate()?
              I mean if the AtmStrategyCreate() call template name for get stop lost/target,can I set them by my strategy code?

Many thanks,
              T

Comment

1. The strategy template is saved in your database file. You would not able to access this file programmatically through any supported method and you cannot create a template through code.

2. Yes, you can change your stops and targets either manually, or by calling AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget()

3. Yes, you can do that by calling AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget()
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

More questions,
                  1,Has every atm entry order with stop lost/target same atmStrategyId?
                  2,If I entry more orders with atm, the system distinguish them by different atmStrategyId.
                  3,Is any possible overfill? when I change the stop lost/target orders

Thanks,
                  T
                  Last edited by thomson; 02-04-2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Yes, there is a unique ID generated for each new ATM Strategy order.

Comment

Thanks for your quickly respond and I update my questions as below,
                      More questions,
                      1,Has every atm entry order with stop lost/target same atmStrategyId?
                      2,If I entry more orders with atm, the system distinguish them by different atmStrategyId.
                      3,Is any possible overfill? when I change the stop lost/target orders

Thanks,
                      T

Comment

1. If the stop and target was generated from the same ATM Strategy instance, they will have the same atm strategy id

2. Not if they came from the same entry order

3. It's always possible to get an overfill. This happens when an order that was marked to fill is set to cancel at the same time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post cre8able  
                        Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
                        3 responses
                        0 likes