Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replay Distorting Charts...

Hello,
    Can someone tell me why or better yet how to fix the way NinjaTraders Market Replay is making my charts look? The candle sticks are all compressed and just odd. See attached Screenshot.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

Was this replay data recorded on your local PC or obtained from a third party source of some kind?

If you reconnect to your real-time data provider and reload data for the period you are replaying does the chart appear more normal when attempting to play back data again?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for contacting us to report the issue.

Was this replay data recorded on your local PC or obtained from a third party source of some kind?

If you reconnect to your real-time data provider and reload data for the period you are replaying does the chart appear more normal when attempting to play back data again?
      The replay data was recorded in real time on my PC, as I like to have level 2 data available in my replays. When I am connected to my live TD Ameritrade connection and I go back to the time in question the charts appear normal, as in the attached image.

Thanks,
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the follow up.

Now that you have this data loaded successfully in real-time, does the situation still occur when you reconnect to Market Replay?
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
          Hello,

Now that you have this data loaded successfully in real-time, does the situation still occur when you reconnect to Market Replay?
          No, it is unfortunately still charting it as before.

Comment

Hello,

This situation most likely is occurring due to the historical chart data that you have available for the instrument and the market replay data that is available having a gap in between the dates.

Since you have recorded this market replay data from your live data connection, you would not be able to obtain the previous data from our market replay server.

My suggestion is to connect to your live data provider and load historical data for the date before your market replay data is starting and reconnect to Market Replay to check to see if this gap is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
              Hello,
              My suggestion is to connect to your live data provider and load historical data for the date before your market replay data is starting and reconnect to Market Replay to check to see if this gap is removed.
              Could you provide me instructions or step by step on how to do this?

Comment

Hello,

To download this historical data:
                • Make sure you are connected to your data provider
                • Control Center > Tools > Historical Data Manager...
                • Click the Download tab
                • Left mouse click the instrument from the instrument list on the left hand side
                • Configure the start date and end date as well as the intervals and data types on the right hand side
                • Click Download
                • The download status will be shown on the bottom right hand corner of the Control Center window
                • Close the Historical Data Manager when finished and re-connect to Market Replay and test to see if the gap is still appearing.

Comment

No luck. Same issue. The gap in the price is supposed to be there, but the price action isn't supposed to be so thin and narrow, I can't trade that. I hope I'm communicating clearly what the problem is I'm trying to correct.

Comment

Hello,

You can adjust the horizontal scale on the chart by left mouse clicking and dragging on the time scale and moving your mouse to the left or right.

In regards to adjusting the vertical scale, you can left mouse click and drag up or down to adjust the price scale.

Alternatively hold the CTRL key on your keyboard and then left mouse click and drag on an axis to navigate without influencing the bar size/width.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                    11 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes