Compatible Brokers in Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compatible Brokers in Canada?

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me which Canadian based brokers are compatible with NinjaTrader?

I recently switched to Questrade which seemed like a bargain at $5/trade compared to the $20 I was paying with E-Trade, but I'm really not happy with the platform. I can't place stop or limit orders on Canadian stocks (shocking considering they are a Canadian broker) and I've had enough using a buggy, slow Java based applet to trade with. NinjaTrader seems like the perfect solution.

So far Interactive Brokers looks like the best option to use with NT, but I thought I'd see if anyone knows of other compatible brokers I could look into.

thanks.

Hi,

If you have a Canadian broker that supports one of the datafeeds below in the link, then they are compatible with NinjaTrader.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/HelpGuideV6/helpguide.html?HistoricalData

Also take a look at the following link for a complete list of broker partners:
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm going to write a lengthy email to my broker and make the case for NinjaTrader support...

Hopefully it works.

Comment

Brokers and Ninja

Good Luck...................I have been trying for 2 years.............they will have nothing to do with it......they want you to use their own platforms ....and maintain control of your account.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
          Hi,

If you have a Canadian broker that supports one of the datafeeds below in the link, then they are compatible with NinjaTrader.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/HelpGuideV6/helpguide.html?HistoricalData

Also take a look at the following link for a complete list of broker partners:
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...ng_brokers.htm
          Hello Vincent,
          I am exhausted and confused trying to find Canadian broker who's technology works well (or at all) with NT7. I was very happy to find your post with a link to a list of data feeds in the hope that a Canadian broker who supports such data feed is compatible with NT 7 but the reality seems to look differently. Peregrine and Interactive Brokers (both on the list) have offices in Canada so the assumption was they would be providing similar services as in the US. Unfortunately it looks that both Peregin Financial Canada (http://www.pfgcanada.ca/services/services.asp) and Interactive Brokers Canada (http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...?ib_entity=llc) have and promote their own platforms, none of them appear to be compatible with NT 7. Moreover, searching their websites for any mentioning of NinjaTrader brings zero result. Would you know of any US brokers who clear their trades through a clearing firm which opens new account for Canadians? I am a resident of Alberta, Canada and AMP just last week returned my application submitted through a broker in California with a note that they are not opening any new accounts for Canadians (the broker wasn't even aware of this new restriction). Any help is truly appreciated. Regards, Grany

Comment

Hi Grany:

Thank you for your follow up and I am hopeful we can find a solution for you as we have many Canadian clients utilizing NinjaTrader for their live trading. Therefore, I would like to further discuss your options over the phone. Please send a note to sales @ ninjatrader dot com and reference this post. In your email, please include a phone number and best time to reach you today as well as letting me know the markets that you trade (Futures, Forex or Equities).

Thanks and I look forward to speaking with you. - RS
            RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Can you please share the resolution with us? This question remains open:

Which Canadian brokers are fully compatible with NinjaTrader?

If that's too much effort, does at least Interactive Brokers Canada work in some configuration?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

You can use us with IB in Canada, it is supported.

I suggest contacting sales at ninjatrader dot com as well for more info.

Comment

PFG Canada.

Try http://www.pfgbest.ca/ You can use NinjaTrader 7. Just call their Customer Service.

Michael.

Comment

Great, thanks Michael!

Comment

I am currently with IB Canada and can't complain about them, only thing is their daytrading margins are bigger then other brokers but this is not a problem for me. I think I only called twice when I opened my account and once more when I had a problem connecting to their TWS platform.

I would say they are the best one if you want a Canadian futures account.

Comment

Hi Vincent
                        I have tried PFG BEST in Canada but their commission rates are very high as compared to their US office.
                        The main problem for us Canadians is to convert to US $ & back to CAD $
                        I appreciate if you could advice me of a good Canadian broker with reasonable commission rates & margins
                        Thank you

Comment

Hello Trevor,

You can contact US brokers as well. They will provide you most likely with better commission rates, otherwise IB is likely your best option in Canada.

Comment

One problem with IB Canada (I have an account with them) is that they do not support RRSP or TFSA type accounts. Is there any brokerages that NT is compatible with that handle those account types?

Comment

Hello ClimberMel,

Thank you for your post.

The only other provider which I'd currently think to check with is PFG Best - however, I was not able to find any documentation which covers the account types which are specifically offered. This is something which PFG support should be able to offer clarification on however.
                              KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes