Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I filter a row with a blank cell

Just to get this question out into its own thread:

How do I filter rows that have a blank cell in the column I am filtering on?

Thanks,
    EV

There is not a filter mechanism for blank rows at this time, however I will pass this thread to our development team as an idea to enhance this feature.

If you're working with an indicator, and the value is null, it is replaced by the current price. What you can do instead in that case, is explicitly set the value to 0 for example in the logic of the indicator and filter based on that value.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
      There is not a filter mechanism for blank rows at this time, however I will pass this thread to our development team as an idea to enhance this feature.

If you're working with an indicator, and the value is null, it is replaced by the current price. What you can do instead in that case, is explicitly set the value to 0 for example in the logic of the indicator and filter based on that value.
      If there is an issue with an indicator that does get called then your idea works -- i.e. you can set zero (or some absurdly large value) and filter for that.

Your idea fails for blank cells, though, because they happen when the indicator is not called at all -- when there are no bars in the specified range.

The only idea I have is to write a custom indicator, assign it an infinite range, and then see what dates it gets called with. It could return zero or one, and then the MA could filter for that. Seems as if there should be a better way ....

--EV

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
      0 responses