NT crashes at startup after ninjascript changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT crashes at startup after ninjascript changes

I made some changes to ninjascript files, successfully compiled, and then got an error about "serializing" or something like that. I shut down NT, rebooted, and now I can't even start up NT. It crashes every time. I started Visual Studio and the only message is "ChartStyleType1 not supported".

I tried to download the latest version and the website failed. Can I get some direction on next steps? Is there something I can clear out like the objects directory, and then start up NT?

Hello tradetree,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces > then delete the '_Workspaces' file that is a .XML file type (this will not delete your workspaces) > then restart NinjaTrader. If you continue to see this item please send us your log and trace files to investigate this matter further. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support. Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 1014161' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=63844

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      I have an open ticket 1014000 and I sent my log and trace files this morning. I then tried your suggestion and it fails the same way. So I sent those log and trace files after clearing out the entire workspace directory (after first just tyring _Workspaces alone). The email doesn't specify anyone in the subject. If you can either look at it or see if someone is looking at it I'd appreciate it as I'm dead in the water right now.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello tradetree,

Thank you for your post.

Please go to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces > then delete the '_Workspaces' file that is a .XML file type (this will not delete your workspaces) > then restart NinjaTrader. If you continue to see this item please send us your log and trace files to investigate this matter further. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support. Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 1014161' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=63844

Comment

Hello tradetree,

Thank you for your response.

In your trace was an exception regarding the error you mentioned. This is an installation item and to resolve you will need to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader with the instructions below:
        • Close all running applications.
        • Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        • From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        • Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        • Reboot your machine.
        • Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
        • Download: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ghoul
        by ghoul