Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 + Google + NSE + stock insturment data EOD not working

Hello Team

I am trying to configure NT7 to work with google EOD data for NSE.

For example lets take this symbol - TCS, The url for google finance for this symbol
    is

or

Now how should i input the symbol for google, I have given tried all three, but in the screenshot shown with only 'TCS'. Can you try it from your end and see if it is successful

(Thanks for entire team for the the great software ; - though i haven't been able to use it effectively yet)
    Attached Files

Strangely, as mentioned in this post - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...p?t-33083.html

If i create a instrument for TCS as index, NT was able to download data from google. I feel the data connector has some issues, rather than the symbol name

Comment

Hello 13oct08,

Thank you for your post.

The Google data feed symbol mappings are not always the same as listed on the Google page. For a video detailing this item please visit the following link: http://youtu.be/QqbpZE2hQB0

Comment

Have you tried it from your end, and also can you check the screen shots attached in my first post and see if anything is wrong there and why it shouldn't work?

I watched the video you had recommended, I have done pretty much the same thing yet there is no data coming in. Perhaps as hinted in the video are we saying, there is no way clear way of getting google data and google data connector should not be relied upon?

Comment

Hello 13oct08,

Thank you for your response.

The Google data feed's exact symbol mapping can differ from what is listed on Google Finance. For the TCS I cannot map this to Google, but I am able to map it to Yahoo: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Please see the attached screenshots for setting up the TCS on the NSE for the Yahoo data feed.
          Attached Files

Comment

Is it possible to customize the 'google' data feed, I mean is the connector C# file editable or is it compiled into the code?

Comment

Hello 13oct08,

The Google connection cannot be edited.

Comment

That is really disappointing to note, do you know when the next version of NT will be released? (hopefully with better connector options)

Comment

Hello,

There is no set date for the next major release of NinjaTrader.

What exactly are you looking for in a connection that the current connections do not offer? Such as Yahoo that we can map the TCS in?

Comment

Well, they symbols supported by Google (TCS) is same as NSE, making it easier to load EOD data from NSE website also or any other sources.

But Yahoo supports symbols with extension (TCS.NS) making it completely dependant on only one source. Moreover google supports intraday tick download also which can be imported to NT

Edit - have a look in this thread, even after having imported EOD data, simple information like

Last close, High, low, Net change, 52wk high, 52wk low wont show in MA.

Cal from NT support made a work around of using SMA for 1 day with high low closing price to show in MA. But netchange and 52wk high/low wont show and it becomes a problem to create complex indicators.
                    Last edited by 13oct08; 02-14-2014, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Hello Support - Is there anything more to add from your end or we should give up on NT and choose other software from the market which are capable of doing data import from google without going through all this?

(P.S - NT might be a great analysis tool, but it seems to fall flat on some of the basic things)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the follow up.

Investigating this further, NinjaTrader is able to use the data to calculate these things.

With that being said, the net change, 52wk high etc... are market dynamics that are received directly from the data provider which Google is not providing.

This means that you can calculate these if you would like and create indicators that report these statics and add these indicators to a Market Analyzer.

Other platforms may just be calculating on the data and not using market dynamics where they are not provided by Google.
                        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Kaledus
                        by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                        1 response