Historical Depth of Market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Depth of Market?

Quick question: I'm very familiar with downloading historical and/or market replay Tick and Minute data for my research and backtesting, from Kinetick. But I'm wondering if there's any way for me to view Level 2 data, or Time and Sales, depth of market - during my research and practice.

Basically, I'd like to be able to view historical trade sizes (for futures, and forex if possible). With a basic chart, I can easily see the price action and range that happened overnight. I'd like to be able to review how large/liquid the trading action was (NOT just basic volume). Is this possible at all?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Level II data is available however there is not a way to display historical depth of market numbers by default. This is something which you could achieve through custom programming however. If you are not a programmer yourself any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this type of project at your direction: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Actually, I am a programmer, so that's not a problem. But if you can think of an example/sample to point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

pbailey19, to further clarify - to work with historical Level 2 data you would need to stay in the Market Replay environment since 'true' historical data would not be available elsewhere for it however it would get recorded from a live stream as part of our replay environment that we offer. Essentially it would be the data you would need to download as well to see a fully populated DOM in replay. That you could access programmatically then as well in NinjaScript via the OnMarketDepth() method if desired.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post kempotrader  
        Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes