Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Missing other side (bid or ask levels) from SuperDOM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing other side (bid or ask levels) from SuperDOM?

Hi,

Sometimes I face a situation where the other side of market depth (ask or bid) is missing of some instrument from the SuperDOM, see the picture of the superDOM and FDAX and can't get those back without restarting NinjaTrader. But if I switch to other instrument, the levels are shown at same SuperDOM. Back to the original, that same side missing again.

At same time my other chart indicator PVDOM shows those levels correctly at every market level change (all of those available from exchange, here 20 not limited to 5).

Any way to reset without restart?.

Hello Raffu,

Thanks for the post.

Unfortunately there is no other way after a reset, you would need to restart.

Can you tell us what version of the software you have installed? Our current release is V7.0.1000.21 which you can check under Help--> About
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version V7.0.1000.21 (Current and latest).
      FYI, I have seen that now with Rithmic and Continuum feeds,not so sure about earlier ZenFire connection .. (or hasn't realized that but at that time Static SuperDOM used, now Dynamic).

Comment

Hello Raffu,

Unfortunately we're not able to reproduce the issue on our end.

Just to be sure, you spoke about 'reset', did you reset your instruments before? If not please do so by going to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> Reset Instruments.

Comment

Yes, It's hard to reproduce as it seems quite random and needs NinjaTrader on quite long time, but less than 24 hours (as I restart NT at every night but leave it on over session break ). Reset instruments done when feed provider changed. Not so big problem as I have that info on chart too.

Comment

Hello Raffu,

I just consulted with a coworker and we're wondering if the L2 data doesn't show up way below. Can you scroll down and see if the depth shows there.

If it's not there can you try clearing your historical data and cache to try and correct the issue. Please use the steps I have provided below to delete your cache data:
            • Close NinjaTrader
            • Open (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7/db/cache/
            • Delete all files within this folder
            • Go up one directory to the /db/ folder
            • Repeat this procedure for the tick, minute, and day folders as well to delete your downloaded historical data
            • Restart NinjaTrader
            • Connect

Initial load times on charts may take a little longer than normal since all new data is being loaded from the historical data servers. After everything has loaded please restart NinjaTrader and let me know if you continue to experience a slow load time.

Please let me know if this does not correct the issue.

A good way to check for you if the L2 data is provided is to check in the Level 2 window which you can open up by going to File--> New--> Level II

Comment

It has nothing to do with the feed as actually those vertical lines at chart from PVDOM at right side are representing the market depth (length of line and color shows bid/ask) at that level and those are changing at every market data change and restart will clear the situation from the SuperDOM without need to clear the cache. So the depth is available.

(and it is hapening in two different machines and installation randomly .. not sure if anything else than for FDAX so those depth levels are quite low but that's something what I'm looking most)
              Last edited by raffu; 02-11-2014, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:22 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB