What did I do wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I do wrong?

Today I had a couple of problems with targets and auto break even and I would like to know if anyone has any input. I entered a 2 contract a short position with a 2pt stop for the entry a 2 pt target for 1 contract and the auto breakeven at 8 ticks. I was using the DOM , my target was hit and on the dom it dissapeared so I thought I was filled then the market reversed a little only i had not been filled. Why did the target order display diasspear on the the super dom if I had not been filled ? Is there a way to set it so it will only dissapear after the order is filled rather than just trading at that price? I would appreciate any input.

Did your NinjaTrader play an "Order filled" soundbite? Or any soundbite? Anything in the logs?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes it rang the register wich is what led me to think my orders were filled.

Comment

another thing, someone else said that if I set the break even to 9 ticks rather than 8 my order would get filled before my stop moves but im still unsure if I need to manuallly cancel my stops or if they will do it automatically. and since now its a three day weekend I cant sim it to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by ckait View Post
          yes it rang the register wich is what led me to think my orders were filled.
          Hello,

Please send in your Log files via the Control Center --> Help --> Mail to support. If you could include an approximate time that this occurred it will help up look further into the issue. Also, please ensure that 'attach trace and log files' is checked.

Comment

get an error connection attempt failed because the connected party failed to respond after a period of time. when i try to send the files.

Comment

Hello ckait,

Can you please send an email to support AT ninjatrader DOT com using a different email application than NinjaTrader's Mail to Support feature and manually attach the log file for the day this occurred. You can find the log file at the following location:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6--> Log--> log.20080321 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date).

In addition, please provide an estimate time as when this occurred.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

target error

I sent it to [email protected] I hope its what ws needed

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes