MB trading historical data not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB trading historical data not loading

Hi I have just purchased a lifetime license for Ninja with MB Trading, but I cannot load more than about 10 days of minute historical data, and no range bars at all. I am using ninja version 7.0.1000.21 and I find this incredibly frustrating.... I can't trade like this...please help.

The error message I get is "Error on loading data: Error (errClientSideRecv) on loading historical data (Panic)"

Is this a Ninja or an MB Trading problem

It will allow me to load from 29/01/2014 but if i choose 28/1/2014 it crashes with the error message above...???

Comment

Hello maxmaxwell,

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, MB trading historical data not loading' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am still getting no where with this....

Comment

Hello maxmaxwell,

I understand you experience an error when loading historical tick data from MBTrading. The error you experience is a time out error from the MBTrading API. It indicates the requested data could not be downloaded by the time period allowed. There are no settings that affect it aside from perhaps reducing the amount of historical data. Less data likely takes less time to load. You can download smaller portions of the historical tick you require at Control Center-->Tools-->Historical Data Manager-->Download-tab.

If the error remains, you will need to check the ping response time you get from MBT servers where the data is loaded. There is likely latency in the connection between your computer and MBT servers, which causes the long download time. Another computer in New Zealand might not experience the same issue, because it is using a different ISP, so the connection goes a different route.

You can perform the following test on your end. You will need to contact MBTrading for the IP address of their server before you can perform this test.

This procedure allows you to check where connection might fail or experiences large latency. It will sent a package to the MBT server and it will track down routers it connects through. There could be an issue between some of those routers.

In Windows, select Start-->Programs-->Accessories-->Command Prompt.

Enter "tracert xxx.xx.xx.xxx" and hit Enter (enter the MBTrading server IP address for the x's). Check if you see any major latencies between routers. More information regarding this procedure can be found at the link below.
          How to perform a traceroute to a domain or website - this will help identify connection problems.

If you see latency between certain routers, please contact your ISP and check if there is anything they can do from their end.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason, I so not believe this for one moment, If I use MB Trading desktop I can download a tick chart and it is instant.

Comment

In addition to this when I attempt to download tick data for 1 day it fails after about 2 seconds...MBT would not time out this quickly....I have completely deleted all traces of NInja and MBT desktop and installed again..same issue...this is not acceptable based on the amount one pays for a ninja license

Comment

also if i click reload this does not work at all, doesn't give an error, doesn't start to download nothing

Comment

It would appear this is my ISP as when I connect to my iPhone as a hotspot the downloading works.....however, when i run a ping on the iPhone it is approximately 3 times slower...I am real confused...so is my ISP provider....weird?????

Comment

This happened to anyone else, surely I am not the first person this has happened to?

Comment

With MBT I have found that you have to have the Exchange defined completely (NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX etc), put the correct symbol for the stock under the MB Trading line and then request the stock one stock at at time. My issue that I am getting no more than 10 days of historical tick data from MBT and they are promising 2000 bars. Unfortunately, the 2000 bars does not translate to more than 10-12 days. So, I have halted my trading on Equity, until I continue to collect Historical Tick data daily!!!!!!!

Have you tried this suggestion, and does it work?

Kenny

Comment

Hello Kenny,

The message that Max was receiving "Error on loading data: Error (errClientSideRecv) on loading historical data (Panic)" was due to an ISP issue (basically quality of the connection not the speed).

As an alternatively for your Historical Tick data for equities you may connect to another Market Data Provider like Kinetick or IQFeed to have access to more data if you would like.
                        JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue.
                          I previously worked with Ninjatrader and MBT and everything worked fine.
                          Today, after few month I didn't touch it, I tried to work again with it and when I'm trying to load historical data I get the following error "Default Error on loading chart data for 'AEP Default': Error (errServerSideNotEntitled) on loading historical data".

Is there any solution ?

Comment

Hello shayhz,

This is a time out issue usually due to Network latency or ISP issue as stated in this thread.

Do you have access to try another Network or ISP?
                            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, but it seems like a problem with my user name on MBT - I contacted them.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cre8able  
                              Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby