Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

current and previous bars highs and lows prints on the chart

Dear All,
    I have been searching for some time for a simple indicator that prints the highs and lows of current and previous bars in real time right on the chart above/below the bars or on the side of the chart itself.(similar to the default bar and tick counter but for prices)
    any help or feedback on this is highly appreciated.
    Looking forward
    Best,

To clarify, you would like the numeric value of the High and Low directly on each bar on the chart?

That is, if you had 500 bars on the chart, you'd like 500 prints of each bar?
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Yes and No,
      I just want the high and the low of the current and previous bar print on the price panel either above and below the bars or right next to the current bar. (or maybe customize the location using the indicators settings)!!

Comment

similar to this indicator, but to only print the high and low (green,red on the chart. above and below the bars maybe in smaller test size)

Comment

Or maybe you can help me modify this indicator to only show the things I need,
          and have them track the current and previous bars instead of being static?

Comment

Sure, that's definitely possible. Do you have the indicator source from the screen shot you provided? If not, we can put something together from scratch.

Comment

I do, but what I am also trying to do is to reduce the freezing of NT in fast markets by simplifying my indicators (hoping it would help).starting from scratch might be better, but I can send you the indicator, and you can evaluate it to see if it uses to many resources or causes issues in fast market or not, and customize it based on that

Looking for your feedback and instructions to work on that
              Thanks,
              Much appreciated

Comment

I've attached a very basic sample which will help you get started. You can play with the string formatting to fit this as you need.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Matthew,
                  Much appreciated. Will check it out and get back to you if needed
                  Thanks
                  Regards

Comment

Hi Matthew,
                    I don't have much experience in programming NT script.
                    How do I change the location of the text? casue I would like to have the Previous bar high aligned on top the previous bar low and next to that the current bar high and Low in the same format.
                    Also the high of the bar in green and the low in red with bold Font without the text (CH,CL..etc)
                    And how is it possible to change the location, and is it possible to have the text follow the last 2 bars on the chart and have them print the prices on the left of the previous bar high and low and to the right of the current bar high and low.
                    like having a small horizontal line at the high and low of each bar with the text right next to it??
                    Your feedback is appreciated

Comment

Hello GussJ,

I was able to reconfigure the HiLows to your request however, the last part about the positioning is not plausible with NinjaScript. It would require some custom drawing methods that we do no support.
                      Attached Files
                      Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the update, but it seems the prices of both previous and current are over riding each other, I can't seem to separate them to be able to read the price value.!!
                        Also how can I change the name of the previous or current version so they wont override each other when I import them, since one is static and the other is Dynamic?
                        Still trying to figure out how to increase font size and color in previous version

Your feedback and help is much apprciated
                        Thanks

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean by overriding the other one. Can you show me a screenshot of what you mean?

You will need to open the indicator that matthew sent you, Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator, Right click in the editor and select Save As..
                          Give it a new name and click Save
                          This will create a new file name and Class name so that you won't overwrite it with the import

You can now import the new one and overwrite the existing one.
                          Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When using this indicator on a tick chart, is it possible to calculate the time value for each bar it took from start to finish for previous and current bar? and to display that value on top or bottom of the price panel?
                            I had this on my current indicator, it helps to get a feel of the market speed when using tick charts.
                            will this indicator affect the performance of NT in fast trading market environment?

Thanks

Comment

in the following chart you can see how the red low values are over riding on top of each other, and I would like to separate them from each other by giving them more space between the previous and current bar values

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh