current and previous bars highs and lows prints on the chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Cal,
    I have a question regarding Donchian Channel.
    The prices print on the price axis based on settings.
    IS there a way or another similar indicator to print the price on the chart itself based on the period settings?
    Or maybe a swing high low indicator that I set it up to print the high/low swing prices on that chart based on a certain period?

Appreciate your feedback on this

Regards

Comment

Gussj,

It would be the same setup as the Text that we did with the High and Low prints. Except you would reference the Donchian Channel

I would take a look at the link below on how to reference the indicator -
      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...an_channel.htm
      Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
        Gussj,

It would be the same setup as the Text that we did with the High and Low prints. Except you would reference the Donchian Channel

I would take a look at the link below on how to reference the indicator -
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...an_channel.htm
        Thanks Cal,
        do I just copy the example in the link you provided?
        I am sorry, I have zero expereince in programming, your guidance is appreciated.
        There is no default indicator that prints the swing high/low based on a specific look back period right above/below the price bar?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
          To do what you want, you will have to align your strings. Use the correct syntax for DrawText(), to draw as you want. In this particular case, you must replace your statement that are drawing your text with this:
          Code:
                      using (Font outputFont = new Font("DefaultMonoSpace", 6f))
                      {
                          DrawText("ch", true, currentHigh.ToString(), -1, High[0], 10, Color.Black, outputFont, StringAlignment.Near, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);
                          DrawText("cl", true, currentLow.ToString(), -1, Low[0], -10, Color.Black, outputFont, StringAlignment.Near, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);
                          DrawText("ph", true, previousHigh.ToString(), 0, High[1], 10, Color.Black, outputFont, StringAlignment.Far, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);
                          DrawText("pl", true, previousLow.ToString(), 0, Low[1], -10, Color.Black, outputFont, StringAlignment.Far, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);
                      }
          Dear All,
          I am trying to have the last price float next to the current bar in between the high and low of the current bar based on the above.(attached indicator)
          I would appreciate your input on the above
          Thanks all in advance
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GussJ View Post
            Dear All,
            I am trying to have the last price float next to the current bar in between the high and low of the current bar based on the above.(attached indicator)
            I would appreciate your input on the above
            Thanks all in advance
            Add this to your text-drawing block.
            Code:
            DrawText("cp", true, Median[0].ToString(), -2, Median[0], 0, Color.Cyan, outputFont, StringAlignment.Near, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);
            Naturally, you can make the color whatever you wish, instead of Cyan.

Comment

Code:
              DrawText("cp", true, Median[0].ToString(), -2, Median[0], 0, Color.Cyan, outputFont, StringAlignment.Near, Color.Empty, Color.Empty, 0);
              Thank you Koganam,
              you have been a great help much appreciated

Comment

Code:
                Kognaman,
                One last request I previous mentioned, how I print the time it took for each bar from open to close when using tick charts.
                For example, If the market is slow a 500t tic bar might take 3 min to complete from open to close but in fast market it might take 30 seconds, how can I have that time period printed for the previous and the current bar and have them printed below the lows of the bars?
                Thanks again for all your help

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
                7 responses