Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

different machine id, same pc, no hardware changes

Hello,

I think a similar issue has been brought up about the machine id changing on the same pc, but I have not changed the hardware or motherboard.

Could it be the operating system (Windows 7) thats causing this?
    If not, do you know of any particular technician that can help me?

Thank you.

-Nicholas

Hello Nicholas,

The MachineID is going to be something set by Microsoft and the Windows 7 Operating System, but the change it going to be due to a change in something on your local machine.

Changes like hardware (including removable hardware like a USB Dongle), BIOS Updates, Driver updates ect. may cause something like this but NinjaTrader has no control over this.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello JC,

Ok- I did reach out to a couple of IT technicians, but they were only familiar with the machine id being associated with my pc's host id which is not the same. There must
      be somebody from Microsoft who understands how the machine id is set, and would subsequently know how to prevent such updates affected it.

Was this specific copyrighted feature implemented by Ninjatrader's development team or was it outsourced (such as custom development)?

To reiterate, I did not initiate any updates to the hardware you just mentioned, nor used any USB dongles. Is there anyone you can refer me to?

Thank you.

-Nicholas

Comment

Hello Nicholas,

The Machine ID is a key generated from a Microsoft value, NinjaTrader just gets this value for licensing purposes.

Many updates can happen in the background of Windows that you may not be aware.

I do not know of any technician specifically for this, but I would be happy to take a look a look at your files to try to give you any additional information that I see from your files.

Can you send me your log and trace files so that I may take a look

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

You may put "Attn: JC" in the subject line and a link to this thread in the body.

Comment

Hello JC,

That won't be necessary, as this hasn't happened recently. I'm bringing this issue up now because I'm about to purchase an expensive indicator software package, and I don't want this to randomly happen again.

Perhaps the development team is seriously considering adding other options for licensing management- such as MultiChart's alternative method of assigning an IP address to a license (physical location).

Otherwise, it's like I wouldn't really be owning the software. Hopefully, this is being implemented in NT's 8th release version.

I'm going to contact a local IT technician, but thanks for trying.

-Nicholas

Comment

Hello Nicholas,

Thanks for the feedback. I will forward this to our development team for consideration.

Keep in mind that you may always contact the vendor to have your MachineID switched.

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Comment

You should probably ask the vendor what are the upgrade options to NT8.

The code is unlikely to work without changes.

Originally posted by nickse2003 View Post
              Hello JC,

That won't be necessary, as this hasn't happened recently. I'm bringing this issue up now because I'm about to purchase an expensive indicator software package, and I don't want this to randomly happen again.

Perhaps the development team is seriously considering adding other options for licensing management- such as MultiChart's alternative method of assigning an IP address to a license (physical location).

Otherwise, it's like I wouldn't really be owning the software. Hopefully, this is being implemented in NT's 8th release version.

I'm going to contact a local IT technician, but thanks for trying.

-Nicholas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
              Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes