Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile trading (trading from my ipad)

Hello everyone.

I am new to the forums but not particularly new to NT. For a while now I have been looking for a way to trade mobile. I never really found a great way to do it, especially with NT, until I discovered parallels access. Parallels access is a complimentary app for iOS that connects remotely to your computer that is running parallels. The app then turns your parallels apps into "native" ipad apps within the parallels access app. So with this, I am able to execute trades from my ipad anywhere I have an internet connection.

My setup:
    - MacBook Pro running parallels
    - boot camp w/ windows 7
    - NT7
    - Parallels access

I leave my macbook running constantly with parallels. This setup is perfect for executing trades on 1 chart. It is difficult to watch more than 1 chart on the same screen due to the screen size of the ipad but it is fairly simple to switch between charts.

I have been trading like this consistently for the past few weeks and it has been flawless... Let alone I can trade from my desk at work without drawing any unwanted attention..

Thought I would share with you all and if anyone has anything to add to it, feel free.

NinjaTrader from iPhone/iPad

Thanks for this post. I am switching to NinjaTrader and want to use from my iPhone or iPad. I installed the Parallels Access components and yes I can see my PC programs on my iPad. I have been using ThinkOrSwim for the past 5 months. When I access the PC version of TOS via Parallels Access many of the buttons and columns DO NOT function or even show. The TOS Ladder is most useless.

While I have not yet installed NinjaTrader, and I'm sure there is a learning curve to grasp all the controls, I would love to know if NT actually does work with Parallels Access.

Are there other add on programs that will allow NT to work on Apple mobile devices? Or perhaps with a Windows tablet?

Mahalo,

Comment

Hello gary_hi,

Unfortunately I do not have Paralleles Access available on my end to test. However as Bscott05posted, Parallels Access works for him. I am not aware of other add-on programs.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mobile trading (trading from my ipad)

Parallels Access absolutely did not display or resize buttons / columns w ThinkOrSwim, my current platform, (switching to NT soon). All buttons and display components work flawlessly with NT?

Have heard NT will run just fine on any Windows tablet (but not ios products) Is that true? If so that would be a simple solution to mobile trading.

I'm very new to this forum so not sure if I'm doing things right.

Comment

NinjaTrader is a Windows application which relies on the .NET Framework to operate and the .NET Framework is only available on Windows Operating System and DOES NOT run on the Mac Operating System.

While we do not officially support running NinjaTrader on a Mac; we have had many clients run NinjaTrader on Mac hardware.

I am not sure if all buttons and display components work flawlessly. Bscott05 does not report any issues.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you all for sharing your experience with Parallels.

Does anybody here have any benchmark scores of a MacBook Pro running Parallels 11 and NT7?

I'm also wondering if you found any considerable drawbacks with the Parallels set-up.

Thank you!

Samir

Comment

For NinjaTrader 8 on Mac/iOS, Windows,and mobile iphones and Android, etc., you could try the service by www.ninjamobiletrader.com
              NinjaTrader does not have a mobile app, but the team at ninjamobiletrader.com have a solution by providing high performance trading servers and they have iphone and android apps for instantly accessing the managed servers. It is basically like taking your home desktop setup into the cloud, so that you can switch between any devices and always be on. Also eliminates any problems from things like losing internet connection, crashes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bscott05 View Post
                Hello everyone.

I am new to the forums but not particularly new to NT. For a while now I have been looking for a way to trade mobile. I never really found a great way to do it, especially with NT, until I discovered parallels access. Parallels access is a complimentary app for iOS that connects remotely to your computer that is running parallels Gaingate​. The app then turns your parallels apps into "native" ipad apps within the parallels access app. So with this, I am able to execute trades from my ipad anywhere I have an internet connection.

My setup:
                - MacBook Pro running parallels
                - boot camp w/ windows 7
                - NT7
                - Parallels access

I leave my macbook running constantly with parallels. This setup is perfect for executing trades on 1 chart. It is difficult to watch more than 1 chart on the same screen due to the screen size of the ipad but it is fairly simple to switch between charts.

I have been trading like this consistently for the past few weeks and it has been flawless... Let alone I can trade from my desk at work without drawing any unwanted attention..

Thought I would share with you all and if anyone has anything to add to it, feel free.
                Hello. I am going to be travelling quite a bit (inside US) during the summer and I am in the market for a good laptop trading setup. Not much in the know on what is out there and what is best for trading. Not even sure what a good setup will cost, but I am hoping that about 5k will sufficient. Last thing I want to do is spend a lot of cash and later find out I didn't buy the right equipment. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                24 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post spwizard  
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Max238