Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT+kinetick+TWS realtime

Hello,

Since the data provided by IB doesn't fit my needs I subscribed to kinetick. However there are some instruments Kinetick knows, but for which I have no subscription. Those are provided through TWS. My issue is to receive data for all instruments seamlessly.

I read in the help guide that there is no bypass option for primary connections if the instrument is knows but not provided. So if I first connect to Kinetick and then TWS, NT doesn't switch to TWS for the symbols I haven't subsrcibed with KT. If I first connect to TWS ant then to KT I get all my data from TWS with all the inherent limitations. When TWS throws an error (eg. limit on historical data requests) NT doesn't switch to KT.

I was hoping that some of you have had this problem and found a solution.

Marco

Hello Marco,

Unfortunately there is no workaround. When connected to multiple connections simultaneously in NinjaTrader, you will receive data from the first connected connection on most occasions. Only when the first connection does not support a certain instrument type (stock, futures, forex, index), it will receive data from the second connection. Please see the link below for information when using multiple connections.

Both Kinetick and IB support all 4 instrument types.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I had read the help guide on multiple connections, thanks. I feel that there is a need for improvement here because kinetick doesn't provide real time data for all markets (eg. Nybot/ICE) or it comes at a considerable supplementary cost to the basic 55$ plan (eg. forex basic +25$ or pro +50$).

Maybe an option to chose the preferred connection for each symbol would be an easy way?

What I do now is to connect to Kinetick on startup so I don't get the TWS limit when too many charts/MAfields are open. Then I connect to TWS and disconnect Kinetick. This is not what I wanted (and pay for) because the live data from Ib has poorer quality.

My options are: Pay the supplementary fees with kinetick (which does not solve the Nybot/ICE problem), or stop trading those instruments.

I can't believe I'm the only one to have these issues?

Comment

Hello Marco,

Unfortunately this is the way it works in NinjaTrader 7. It is on our list of possible future enhancements to improve.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

One vote up from me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
          10 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Leafcutter  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM