Problem setting up connection with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem setting up connection with IB

I have two factor authentication enabled on Interactive Brokers. Would this affect NT connection to IB? I setup it like the documentation and have the right level of IB and it just keeps restarting IB.

Hello fib161,

Thank you for your post.

Two factor authentication should not prevent you from connecting to Interactive Brokers.

Please go to the Control Center -> Tools -> Account Connections, select your Interactive Brokers connection, and click "Change".

In the Account Connection Wizard window that opens, click "Next", "Next", and uncheck "Run-time pop up handling". Then click "Next', and "Finish".

After making this change, are you able to connect to Interactive Brokers?

I look forward to your response.
    Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I unchecked it and I still can't connect. I used this many years ago and IB used to ask accept incoming connections? But it doesn't ask me that anymore. I have the enable API checked in IB.

Comment

Hello fib161,

I wanted to verify that you have the NinjaTrader supported version 938.1 of Interactive Brokers Trader Workstation software installed. You can check this in TWS by going to the Help -> About Trader Workstation menu item. The "Build" is at the bottom of this window, and is the version number of Interactive Brokers' software.

If you are using the supported version of TWS, I would like to have you delete your current Interactive Brokers connection from the Control Center -> Tools -> Account Connection, and recreate this connection, following the Interactive Brokers connection guide, found here:
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Please let me know if you are still unable to connect after installing the correct version of TWS and recreating your account connection in NinjaTrader.

I look forward to your reply.
        Tyler G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It works now thanks. I was missing step 3 about the advanced tws interface.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post sarafuenonly123  
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo