Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Need help with finding and importing market replay data from market replay download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with finding and importing market replay data from market replay download

Hi there,

I installed a program I came across called "Market Replay data downloader beta RC V3.0" (free market replay data). http://marketreplaydata.com/download

I downloaded two months worth of data, but strangely enough I went to ProgamFiles> Market Replay Data Downloader and there was no database folder with all the data I downloaded.

So my first issue is 1. Where do I find the market replay data that this program downloaded?

and if I do manage to find the data, how would I import it into Ninjatrader.

Of course my objective is to use the market replay tool in NT.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Did you follow the instructions?

If you have any questions, concerns, or issues, we're here to help. Check here to find the answers to your questions and get in touch with us if you need to.

IMPORTANT: If NinjaTrader was running while doing this download, you will not see the data in your Market Replay list of available data. YOU MUST RESTART NINJATRADER BEFORE USING THE NEWLY DOWNLOADED DATA.

Originally posted by teenagemutantNT View Post
    Hi there,

I installed a program I came across called "Market Replay data downloader beta RC V3.0" (free market replay data). http://marketreplaydata.com/download

I downloaded two months worth of data, but strangely enough I went to ProgamFiles> Market Replay Data Downloader and there was no database folder with all the data I downloaded.

So my first issue is 1. Where do I find the market replay data that this program downloaded?

and if I do manage to find the data, how would I import it into Ninjatrader.

Of course my objective is to use the market replay tool in NT.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      Did you follow the instructions?

If you have any questions, concerns, or issues, we're here to help. Check here to find the answers to your questions and get in touch with us if you need to.

IMPORTANT: If NinjaTrader was running while doing this download, you will not see the data in your Market Replay list of available data. YOU MUST RESTART NINJATRADER BEFORE USING THE NEWLY DOWNLOADED DATA.
      Yes I did of course restart NT.

Ok where can I see the Market Replay data in NT?

Comment

Yes I did of course restart NT.

Ok where can I see the Market Replay data in NT?
        In Market Replay.

Have you added the instruments in the instrument manager?

Have you watched any youtubes?

Comment

want to import data

I have watched numerous videos on youtube, but none address my objective.

I was trying to ask how to import external data (given to you by a colleague etc) into NT, not data generated by NT.

If you do not know how to do this that is fine.

Thanks.

Comment

I have watched numerous videos on youtube, but none address my objective.

I was trying to ask how to import external data (given to you by a colleague etc) into NT, not data generated by NT.

If you do not know how to do this that is fine.

Thanks.
            You never mentioned that?? You said you used the market replay downloader tool. That should handle it automatically from my understanding.

If you have data to import in a text file, you need to follow these instructions:

Comment

Hello teenagemutantNT,

Thanks for your post.

When using the Market Replay Data Downloader it should automatically place the Market Replay into the correct NinjaTrader folder.

Market reply data is stored in the following directory in Windows
              Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\data
              The Market Replay data is organized in folders based on the date of the data
              For example data for February 22nd, 2014 would be in a folder named 20140222

If you where to manually transfer Market Replay data into NinjaTrader you would need to place it into the data folder
              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brandon View Post
                Hello teenagemutantNT,

Thanks for your post.

When using the Market Replay Data Downloader it should automatically place the Market Replay into the correct NinjaTrader folder.

Market reply data is stored in the following directory in Windows
                Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\data
                The Market Replay data is organized in folders based on the date of the data
                For example data for February 22nd, 2014 would be in a folder named 20140222

If you where to manually transfer Market Replay data into NinjaTrader you would need to place it into the data folder
                Hello Brandon,

Thank you for your help. I just took a look at the "db" folder and it all it has is 3 files created 14 Jan (long before I attempted Market replay download), none of them replay files.

I am wondering how come the replay files 1) did not download 2) downloaded to the incorrect folder?

Apparently, this is a 'simulation only' version.

very eager to use market replay.

Have a great day,

Teenage mutant Ninja Trader

Comment

Hello teenagemutantNT,

I would recommend contacting http://marketreplaydata.com/ for support on their product or using the NinjaTrader Market Replay download to get data.
                  BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                  Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                  11 responses
                  0 likes