Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actual price horizontal line

Hi there

I am a Ninjatrader newbie and I have tried to make this work, without luck and hence my questions below. I have been used to Metatrader so I still struggle to understand this new platform.... :

1) How do I make my chart display a horizontal line of the current price? Obviously this line will move with the price....I have looked in settings but cant find it..

2) Placing a trade manually with trade management.

I want to place a simple manual trade, which automatically sets a SL of 10 ticks and a TP of 100 ticks. When price is 10 pips in profit, the SL will be moved to BE. How can I do this? Do I need a script/indicator or?

Thanks a lot for any input.

BR

Musinat

Originally posted by Musinat View Post
    Hi there

I am a Ninjatrader newbie and I have tried to make this work, without luck and hence my questions below. I have been used to Metatrader so I still struggle to understand this new platform.... :

1) How do I make my chart display a horizontal line of the current price? Obviously this line will move with the price....I have looked in settings but cant find it..

2) Placing a trade manually with trade management.

I want to place a simple manual trade, which automatically sets a SL of 10 ticks and a TP of 100 ticks. When price is 10 pips in profit, the SL will be moved to BE. How can I do this? Do I need a script/indicator or?

Thanks a lot for any input.

BR

Musinat
    Regarding item 1 priceline. A couple of ways to do this, here is but one.

Add an SMA to the chart, period of 1, set CaculateOnBarClose=false. Change "plotstyle" from line to H-Line. Done.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1. Please download the attached zip file then go to the Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Import NinjaScript-->Select the zip file-->Open. After importing this file the indicator will be listed as "DH_HorizPriceLine" within the indicator list.

2. This can be achieved by attaching an ATM Strategy to your entry order which will allow you to predefine your Profit Target, Stop Loss and Auto Breakeven.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over ATM Strategy Parameters.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail features.

Attached Files
      Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1. Please download the attached zip file then go to the Control Center-->File-->Utilities-->Import NinjaScript-->Select the zip file-->Open. After importing this file the indicator will be listed as "DH_HorizPriceLine" within the indicator list.

2. This can be achieved by attaching an ATM Strategy to your entry order which will allow you to predefine your Profit Target, Stop Loss and Auto Breakeven.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over ATM Strategy Parameters.

I have also provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over the Auto Breakeven and Auto Trail features.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...gement_atm.htm

Hello,

Is there a DH_HorizPriceLine version for NT 8 ?

Thanks

Comment

Within NinjaTrader 8 by default there is an indicator available "Price line" which can be applied to your chart to show this information.
          Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by StrongLikeBull, Yesterday, 04:05 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
          14 responses
          0 likes