Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data provider allowing replay of historical data without recording?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data provider allowing replay of historical data without recording?

I would like to replay historical data for various stocks in NinjaTrader without having to leave my computer on and at home all data to record live streaming data for playback.

I was intending on using Kinetick, as they provide historical data; however, I contacted Kinetick support, and they said their historical data cannot be used for replay:

The historical data from Kinetick can be used within NinjaTrader for charting, analytics, and backtesting but cannot be used with NinjaTrader's Market Replay feature. You will be able to record the live streaming data from Kinetick to use for Market Replay at a later date but you would not be able to download replay data directly from Kinetick's servers
    So, are there any data providers out there compatible with NinjaTrader where I can simply download and replay historical data out of the box, without the need to record myself?

Hello chaddjohnson,

Thank you for your post.

Within the NinjaTrader software market replay data and historical chart data are fundamentally different types of data. At this time, the only way to access Market Replay data would be to record data in real-time or download data from NinjaTrader historical data servers using the File > Utilities > Download Replay Data menu. There is not a work around which would allow for the playback of historical data as Market Replay data in NinjaTrader 7 unfortunately.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
    9 responses
    0 likes