Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loaded Strategy

Hi

I'm new to Ninja and have followed the vids on strategy building and think I have completed my 1st strategy.

To apply it to a chart i simple loaded a chart from sample data right clicked in the chart and clicked on Strategies..I then selected my Strategy and clicked ok..

My question is ....as nothing is happening yet ie no arrows and no indicators on my chart ( I set that to true) and I have more than 20 bars now on my charts how can I quickly check what strategies are applied to my chart

atm I'm guessing their loaded but would like to check

cheers

Paulus

Any strategy that is currently running will have its own entry in the Strategies tab of the Control Center. You can also look on the top left of the chart for the strategy name.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh

I have now opened the strategies tab and selected my strategy ,still nothing has appeared on my chart in the top left corner althought I do now have a line showing my strategy name in the Control center/strategies tab.When I right click on my chart Strategy is grayed out..

I know I'm doing some thing basically wrong here..

A question..Once a user has written a straegy what methods are there for applying it to a chart

Cheers

Paulus

Comment

To apply a strategy to a chart you just open the chart and press the Strategies button and load it on like how you would load an indicator.

Please describe the steps you are doing right now?
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Josh,

Ive just opened up a chart and connected it to a simulated data feed,my chart is building and no inds will appear for 20 bars or so.I right click on my chart and select strategies this brings up a box that is labeled

Strategies - ER2 03-08 which is the chart I have open.

I'm doing this as I write btw ..

ah.. ...........I highlighted my Strategy and clicked ok and nothing...I then went back into it and double clicked it and that moved it to the box below and then clicked ok and i can now see it listed to the top left of my chart.

I have removed several lines of code to make sure I havnt made a mistake with my coding, although it did say successfully generated and I'm assuming if the coding is wrong or has a conflict it wouldnt save ?

I have another question Josh if you wouldn't mind,part of the coding requires Fast %D passing through Slow%D I can find the fast %d to apply in the left column of the S builder and have put in the cross above but in the right hand side column under Ind's I cannot find the slow %D ?

Is the normal stochastic classed as Slow ?..sorry to ask such a basic question I use IRT by Linnsoft for my charting and have programmed my system into it , diff application use different methods I then use auto trader as my trade execution software.This is a 3 part process..

IB IRT AT

with your software I can replace the chart with yours and still trigger trades via your application allot easier so I end up with

IB NT a smoother and more reliable process,plus your system biulder is user friendly the mistakes I'm making I'm sure are just basic ones but may need more help when it comes to triggering trades via my Strategy and stops etc

Thanks for your help

Paulus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
          1 response