Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continuum Price Feed Connection Loss

Hi,

anyone else experiencing price feed connection issues?

I am using Continuum.
    Attached Files

Hello Kaldo,

I am not aware of any connection issues with Continuum at this time.

Can you please send me your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Continuum Price Feed Connection Loss' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I started up NT this morning and only partial data showed up for yesterday the 26th and this morning. I tried to reload historical data and it is grayed out. I have also restarted NT again with the same truncated number of chart bars. I use Mirus/Continuum...thanks....btw, the instrument is the ES
      Last edited by speedo; 02-26-2014, 09:21 AM. Reason: Addition

Comment

Hello speedo,

Can you please disconnect/re-connect Continuum and check if this allows you to reload historical data in the chart.

Please note that yesterday was the 25th, today is the 26th. Could this clarify the issue?

If not, please send me your log and trace files. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Continuum Price Feed Connection Loss' in the subject header.

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20140226 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

C:\-->Users-->*Windows user account*-->(My) Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20140226 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Comment

I have it fixed now Jason....Thanks

Comment

Noticed one connection lost at 6:56:48 Pacific and connected at 6:56:59...
            Seem to be getting maybe 1 or 2 of these a day...

Comment

Hello Alfred,

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:

ISP issues
              Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
              Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
              Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

Comment

On another computer have another live data stream, plus a web stream of some classical music...there is usually no interruption noticed on these streams when have been getting the short term disconnects from Continum ocassionally...

Have noticed this for the last few weeks but just never mentioned it...

Thanks....

Comment

If you experience a disconnection with Continuum, you do not have to experience a disconnection for the items on the other computer.

Do you notice any consistency between the disconnections?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                    If you experience a disconnection with Continuum, you do not have to experience a disconnection for the items on the other computer.

Do you notice any consistency between the disconnections?
                    Don't necessarily expect a disconnect on the other machine when Continuum does...

Disconnects are usually very short term...the chart may begin to update before the orange notice turns green....noticed one at a chart spike....will pay a bit more attention on this area....

Thanks.....
                    Last edited by Alfred; 02-26-2014, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I'm having the same issues using Continuum. I'm doing a trial from a week ago and I'm having aproximately 20 disconnections each day. I have tried using other computers with other internet connections but I'm having the same issues.

I'm having the same problems than Kaldo. You can see my "log" of today.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Plaket; 02-26-2014, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Hello Plaket,

Please send in a request into support by going to Help -> Mail to Support

Put Attn Cal in the subject and a reference to this thread in the body.
                        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same issue as Plaket.

I have had disconnections since end of January almost every day. 20-30 disconnected price feed with price data is coming (once with delayed (by several minutes) time stamp) or disconnections of the primary connection. Mostly during US business hours.

Cal, I sent a mail to you, too. Thanks a lot for help to investigate what is wrong here.!

Comment

Anyone cares to update if release 22 fix this CQG/Continuum frequent connection drop issue(s)?

Comment

Hello balancenv,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, there was an update to the CQG API which will result in less disconnects.

The following is in the release notes.
                              Fixed 4859 CQG/Continuum adapter ConnectionLoss could have been erroneously shown even though connection was still healthy
                              BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by warreng86, 11-10-2020, 02:04 PM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes