Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License, multi-instance and multi-broker accounts

Hi All,

I am looking to do the following and I am still rather new to NT and therefore need some advice on how to accomplish this.

I will trade via Interactive Brokers (IB). At IB, I have several different accounts (IRA Account, Personal Account, Wife's Account, Child's College fund, etc).

I want the ability to do the following:
    1. use a mechancial (Auto Trade Strategy) for several instruments to trade on several accounts (Wife Account and Personal Account)
    2. Test different strategies I am building on the IB papertrade account
    3. Analyze different markets of interest and play with indicators to refine my trading approach.

Questions:

1. Can I run multiple instances of NT on 1 PC? I do not want to disturb the "live" trading on my real money accounts. OR can I use same license on different machines in my house to totally isolate the real trading from paper trading and back testing?
    2. Can I run different automated trading strategies on the same symbol but different charts with different timeframes?
    3. What hardware size (CPU, RAM, Hard Disk), should I have to support auto trading on 5 charts (commodities) with 2 different strategies each for executing trades on 3 separate accounts at IB? Plus the back testing and paper trade testing I want to do on top of the live trading?

Thank you

Hello xraptorx,

1. Unfortunately not, you can run only one NinjaTrader instance per PC. You can install NinjaTrader on multiple PC's.

Please note that it is against the EULA (end user license agreement) to trade live on multiple computers simultaneously using the same live license key. If you like to trade live on two computers simultaneously, you will need a second license key. As long as you trade live in one instance at a time, you can use one live license key.

2. Yes, this is possible.

3. It is hard to determine. Multiple items play a role such as market volatility and what calculations the strategy makes. I recommend to test it in simulation first and check if your computer can handle it.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses