Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is there a way to quickly set alerts on a specific equity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to quickly set alerts on a specific equity?

Hello,
    I'm wondering if there's a quick way to set alerts on specific equities throughout the day. Say one or two price levels on a handful of stocks every day so that I will be alerted when they move through a certain level.

Regards,
    Jason

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The PriceAlert indicator could be applied to the charts. This indicator will create a line which you can move to the price of your choice. When price breaches that line a door bell sound will play.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The PriceAlert indicator could be applied to the charts. This indicator will create a line which you can move to the price of your choice. When price breaches that line a door bell sound will play.
      Thanks for your reply. However, I'm looking to apply an alert to an equity, and then bring a different equity into the chart window, and still get alerted when the original equity hits that price trigger. I tried this today with AAPL, but when I changed the chart to BBRY, it carried the alert of 527 over and applied it to BBRY, so I would not get alerts on AAPL any longer.

Comment

Hello TheProfitcy,

You can set price alerts in the Market Analyzer window.

Price alerts in the Market Analyzer will sound for all instruments listed in the window.

Please see the link below for information on creating alerts in a Market Analyzer.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h..._and_filte.htm
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That still doesn't do any good, unless I want to open a market analyzer window for every single stock. There isn't some alert condition I can set on a stock that triggers a pop up? You've got to be kidding me. Both of these suggested methods of setting alerts are a joke.

Comment

Hello TheProfitcy,

The only other alternative besides keeping a window open with something like the Price Alert Indicator for a equity would be to create a Multi-Instrument indicator that loads the equities that you have to have alerted in this custom indicator.

If you have experience programming or would like to try to create an indicator that will do this for you let me know and I can send you some links that will help you build this.
            JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by TheProfitcy View Post
              That still doesn't do any good, unless I want to open a market analyzer window for every single stock. There isn't some alert condition I can set on a stock that triggers a pop up? You've got to be kidding me. Both of these suggested methods of setting alerts are a joke.
              Of course you can set an Alert condition. Write and indicator to call the Alert() when the condition is met. You are going to have to have the equity on the chart anyway, so just apply the indicator to the chart, and it will run relative to whatever is on the chart.

ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../nt7/alert.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes