Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alright_it
    replied
    I think I've found what my problem is: in all my templates I have the AaPriceLine indicator loaded, which will appear on the chart no matter what its setting are. So of course the price bars will be squeezed to the bottom or the top depending on the current price position. I also forgot to mention in my previous posts that the problem presents itslefonly when looking at past data, and it won't appear on a current chart for obvious reasons. Bottom line. to examine past data, it's better to get rid of the AaPriceLine indicator if one has it on. I hope I've been clear and that would help whoever has been experiencing the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    I'm speaking about the price panel. As you see the bars have shrunk to the bottom of the panel instead of filling the full panel as they should. Sorry I wasn't clear. I have to say I have found a solution, which is to save a template and upload it again when I see that behaviour. I was wondering if there is a quicker way. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kyle
    replied
    Hello,

I am unclear as to which of the panels you wish to change the scale of. Please tell me whether your issue is with the display in panel 1 or 2.

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    Hi Kyle. I have the same problem, and although your suggestion works fine when there is only one panel, it doesn't if there's an indicator in another panel, like shown in the picture. As you can see there's no F displayed, and you can also see the settings are on Automatic. Any other suggestion? Thank you
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kyle
    replied
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When a fixed scale has been defined in a chart you should see a F button appear on the upper right side of the chart. Clicking this button will return the chart to automatic scaling.

Leave a comment:

• joemiller
    started a topic is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling?

is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling?

assuming chart ''auto scaling'' means displayed bars vertically use all available vertical space ... when the bar display evolves into a state where the bars do not use all the available vertical space [ie] the bars are squeezed into the top or bottom areas of the chart

is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling so that all the available chart area is again utilized by the bars?

note: I can ''reset '' now by recreating the chart anew, but I am looking for a control icon or other faster method to ''rescale'' so that I don't have to recreate.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
3 responses
0 likes
Last Post PaulMohn  
Started by f.saeidi, Yesterday, 12:14 PM
9 responses
0 likes
Last Post f.saeidi  
Started by Tim-c, Today, 03:54 AM