Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling?

assuming chart ''auto scaling'' means displayed bars vertically use all available vertical space ... when the bar display evolves into a state where the bars do not use all the available vertical space [ie] the bars are squeezed into the top or bottom areas of the chart

is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling so that all the available chart area is again utilized by the bars?

note: I can ''reset '' now by recreating the chart anew, but I am looking for a control icon or other faster method to ''rescale'' so that I don't have to recreate.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

When a fixed scale has been defined in a chart you should see a F button appear on the upper right side of the chart. Clicking this button will return the chart to automatic scaling.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle. I have the same problem, and although your suggestion works fine when there is only one panel, it doesn't if there's an indicator in another panel, like shown in the picture. As you can see there's no F displayed, and you can also see the settings are on Automatic. Any other suggestion? Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I am unclear as to which of the panels you wish to change the scale of. Please tell me whether your issue is with the display in panel 1 or 2.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm speaking about the price panel. As you see the bars have shrunk to the bottom of the panel instead of filling the full panel as they should. Sorry I wasn't clear. I have to say I have found a solution, which is to save a template and upload it again when I see that behaviour. I was wondering if there is a quicker way. Thanks.

Comment

I think I've found what my problem is: in all my templates I have the AaPriceLine indicator loaded, which will appear on the chart no matter what its setting are. So of course the price bars will be squeezed to the bottom or the top depending on the current price position. I also forgot to mention in my previous posts that the problem presents itslefonly when looking at past data, and it won't appear on a current chart for obvious reasons. Bottom line. to examine past data, it's better to get rid of the AaPriceLine indicator if one has it on. I hope I've been clear and that would help whoever has been experiencing the same problem.

Comment

Hello alright_it,

You can exclude the AaPriceLine indicator from the price axis by setting 'Auto scale' to False in the Indicator menu. Only when set to True, the indicator will be included in the price axis.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Jason, but I had tried that one already. As you see in the pic, the bars are still squeezed to the bottom and the AaPriceLine won't leave the field LOL
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you please double check the Indicator menu and check if 'Auto scale' is set to False for the AaPriceLine indicator. This should work.

What happens if you apply the Pivots indicator with 'Auto scale' set to False?

Comment

I don't have pivot indicators on my chart. If you're referring to the lines on my previous pics, they're simply horizontal grid lines set to 10 ticks distance. Anyway I removed them as well and the AaPriceLine Autoscale is set to False. You see the result in the pic
                    Attached Files

Comment

There is still a blue line at 1.5290 which extends the price axis. Perhaps this indicator is different and cannot use 'Auto scale'. Where did you find this indicator?

Can you please provide me this indicator, so I can test it on my end. You can find instructions to export indicators at the link below.

Comment

That IS the AaPriceLine, Jason...

Comment

Yes, I know. I am not sure why the line is still in display. Normally indicators are excluded if 'Auto scale' is set to False. You can test it using the Pivots indicator.

I cannot find the AaPriceLine indicator upon searching the forum for "AaPriceLine". Could you please provide the indicator so I can test it on my end. Perhaps it is somehow different and does not allow the 'Auto scale' setting to function correctly.

Comment

Sorry, for some reason I thought it was a native indicator. I downloaded it from this link http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=1&id=321
                            Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Comment

No worries. When I test the indicator on my end, it plots a horizontal line at the current price.

Does it make a difference if you create a new chart and apply the AaPriceLine indicator?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM