Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what the indicator is supposed to do: mark with a line the movements of the price in real time. Applied to a new chart I see no difference whether the Autoscale set to True or False: the line will always be visible on the chart and everything else will be adjusted to this "command" unfortunately.

Comment

Unfortunately, the 'Auto scale' setting does not make a difference for this indicator. If you scroll back in time, price bars can be plotted a different prices, however the line will still be included. This extends the price axis and vertically compresses the price bars.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh well, then. I suppose the quickest way to examine the past bars and still keep the Autoscale option would be to save and load a template not including that indicator. Thanks anyway for your effort, Jason.

Comment

Just for the sake of completeness, I found this other indicator which even on Autoscale set to True doesn't seem to affect the position of the bars http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...tid=-1&lpage=1
          Perfect for my needs.

Comment

Anyone know what the NT8 NinjaScript class and method is for "Auto Scale and Return"?
            The same as hitting the default Alt+e Hot Key combo in Tools -> Hot Keys -> Chart -> Actions -> Auto Scale and Return
            Or clicking the chart Upper Right Arrow and the F button?

I need to do it programatically just prior to changing the Tab focus and taking a screenshot or else the screenshot is of the wrong timeline and/or price frame when I want to send an alert if I can't Auto Scale and Return from an indicator.

Comment

Hello cpuzz,

I am not aware of an exposed method to control this however you could send the key command you have set for that action to the chart where you want that to happen. There are some notes about this in a previous post here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rogramatically

It sounds like you may already be working with the UI if you are switching tabs so this may be able to tie in with what you have now, the rollover indications indicator has a sample of invoking keyboard events in the chart.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
              JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes