Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

is there a way to ''reset'' chart auto scaling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_Jesse
    replied
    Hello cpuzz,

I am not aware of an exposed method to control this however you could send the key command you have set for that action to the chart where you want that to happen. There are some notes about this in a previous post here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...rogramatically

It sounds like you may already be working with the UI if you are switching tabs so this may be able to tie in with what you have now, the rollover indications indicator has a sample of invoking keyboard events in the chart.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Leave a comment:

• cpuzz
    replied
    Anyone know what the NT8 NinjaScript class and method is for "Auto Scale and Return"?
    The same as hitting the default Alt+e Hot Key combo in Tools -> Hot Keys -> Chart -> Actions -> Auto Scale and Return
    Or clicking the chart Upper Right Arrow and the F button?

I need to do it programatically just prior to changing the Tab focus and taking a screenshot or else the screenshot is of the wrong timeline and/or price frame when I want to send an alert if I can't Auto Scale and Return from an indicator.

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    Just for the sake of completeness, I found this other indicator which even on Autoscale set to True doesn't seem to affect the position of the bars http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...tid=-1&lpage=1
    Perfect for my needs.

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    Oh well, then. I suppose the quickest way to examine the past bars and still keep the Autoscale option would be to save and load a template not including that indicator. Thanks anyway for your effort, Jason.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Unfortunately, the 'Auto scale' setting does not make a difference for this indicator. If you scroll back in time, price bars can be plotted a different prices, however the line will still be included. This extends the price axis and vertically compresses the price bars.

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    That's what the indicator is supposed to do: mark with a line the movements of the price in real time. Applied to a new chart I see no difference whether the Autoscale set to True or False: the line will always be visible on the chart and everything else will be adjusted to this "command" unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    No worries. When I test the indicator on my end, it plots a horizontal line at the current price.

Does it make a difference if you create a new chart and apply the AaPriceLine indicator?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    Sorry, for some reason I thought it was a native indicator. I downloaded it from this link http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...catid=1&id=321
    Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Yes, I know. I am not sure why the line is still in display. Normally indicators are excluded if 'Auto scale' is set to False. You can test it using the Pivots indicator.

I cannot find the AaPriceLine indicator upon searching the forum for "AaPriceLine". Could you please provide the indicator so I can test it on my end. Perhaps it is somehow different and does not allow the 'Auto scale' setting to function correctly.

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    That IS the AaPriceLine, Jason...

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    There is still a blue line at 1.5290 which extends the price axis. Perhaps this indicator is different and cannot use 'Auto scale'. Where did you find this indicator?

Can you please provide me this indicator, so I can test it on my end. You can find instructions to export indicators at the link below.

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    I don't have pivot indicators on my chart. If you're referring to the lines on my previous pics, they're simply horizontal grid lines set to 10 ticks distance. Anyway I removed them as well and the AaPriceLine Autoscale is set to False. You see the result in the pic
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Can you please double check the Indicator menu and check if 'Auto scale' is set to False for the AaPriceLine indicator. This should work.

What happens if you apply the Pivots indicator with 'Auto scale' set to False?

Leave a comment:

• alright_it
    replied
    Thanks, Jason, but I had tried that one already. As you see in the pic, the bars are still squeezed to the bottom and the AaPriceLine won't leave the field LOL
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Jason
    replied
    Hello alright_it,

You can exclude the AaPriceLine indicator from the price axis by setting 'Auto scale' to False in the Indicator menu. Only when set to True, the indicator will be included in the price axis.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
9 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
16 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton