Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

zn 03-14 chart is ok ... zn 06-14 chart is whacko?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zn 03-14 chart is ok ... zn 06-14 chart is whacko?

attached is a june 10yr tnote chart [zn 06-14] which is the same as that for the march future except for the current day which then plots down to the current real value.

data service is kinetick.

I have restarted NT and recreated the chart to no avail.

please advise.
    Attached Files

Hello joemiller,

You will need to either change the rollover date for the contract you are viewing or change the merge policy.

To change the rollover date for an instrument you will need to:

Go to Tools > Instrument Manager
    Search for the instrument, select it and click Edit
    Then in the Instrument Editor window go to the Misc tab
    Scroll down to Contract months, select Contract months and click the ... button
    Then in the Contract Months window select the contract month
    Set the Roll over date to yesterday's date or another past date
    Press OK > OK > OK.
    Reload the chart
    Below is a link to a video on our YouTube channel that covers changing the rollover date.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to adjust and customize a futures contract rollover date within NinjaTrade...

There are two merge policies you can change. The global merge policy is the merge policy applied to all futures instrument unless otherwise specified, and the instrument specific merge policy.

The global merge policy can be found by going to Tools > Options > Data tab and selecting Merge policy.

The instrument specific merge policy can be found by going to Tools > Instrument Manager, searching for the instrument, selecting it and clicking Edit. Then in the Instrument Editor window selecting Merge policy.

If changing one on of the merge policy setting you will want to set to DoNotMerge.

Below is a link to the Historical and Real Time Data section of our help guide. Please see the Understanding merge policies subsection for further information on the merge policy settings.

Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you Christopher

in addition to tnotes, I am tracking emini s&p futures es 03-14 and es 06-14. those charts so far are behaving ok. when I rollover to june and September will I have the
      same problem as I am having now with tnotes?

Comment

Hello joemiller,

Only if you rollover prior to the rollover date set in NinjaTrader and are using either the MergeBackAdjusted or MergeNonBackAdjusted merge policy.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i will just try to do as directed to fix the june chart. then post questions if/when problems are encountered.

i am using chart trader only to help manage positions so the only ''rollovers'' i do are just rolling over to a new set of charts as time progresses and the front month becomes obsolete [ie] i get the impression from all the concepts that are new to me to get the chart fixed, that maybe they are there because of the live real time order interface with interactive brokers ... when it seems to me that basically all i am using is a simple chart like any other chart so why must i bother with all this mickey mouse stuff.

no problem, just passing on some thoughts. it is what it is.

ninja is one hell of a powerful complicated software package and I'm surprised it works as well as it does. support ain't bad either.

cheers

Comment

solved with ''DoNotMerge''

the following resulted in just a plain unaltered june tnote chart, thus fixing my problem.

Tools > Options > Data tab > Merge policy > DoNotMerge .

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Max238
            by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            24 responses
            0 likes