TDAmeritrade Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDAmeritrade Trading

I placed a trade in Sim mode, then live in TDAmeritrade. The 79.70 trade was in sim mode. Then placed trades Live in TDameritrade. The sim trade moved over to the Live account on NT and is stuck there. Very confusing. My TDA now has not live trades, yet NT still shows the sim trade in the live account area.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maxsys; 02-27-2014, 10:01 AM.

Hello maxsys,

Thanks for your post.

Please disconnect and go to Tools> Options> Data> RepairDB
    Restart NinjaTrader for the changes to take affect.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Your software does not work right with TDAmeritrade, are you going to try to fix it? I have experienced this before and have done DB repair before. I just sent a trace to support.

Comment

Hello maxsys,

Thanks for your reply.

We will need to look into your case from the files you wrote in to see what is occurring and provide you a resolution.
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately in my opinion and findings, I have found TDA to be the worst programming setup. Whether this is cause TD is weird or the TD programmer on the Ninja side was different, we will never find out (as customers). But, none-the-less it is definitely different. I have a TD account but I will never use it, and will migrate business to IB or MB.

Kenny

Comment

I am stuck with it on one account, I could start migrating the others off.
            Ninja still has a bug. If you run a Sim trade, then a Live trade, the two totals get mixed together. You have to scramble to another computer or window, load TDAmeritrade and manage your position from there.
            I keep a tablet handy with TDA ready just in case Ninja is stuck.

Comment

Thank you for your warning. I have not started trading with the Live TDA account as yet, so you spared me the trouble. Best is to keep the TDA account open since they do not have an No-Activty fee and it also provides the realtime data for no cost. It is a GREAT backup data source!!!!! I will probably be opening my account at MB Trading. They seem to be one of the better choices, although lots of issues with poor support were reported on various sites with at best a 3 1/2 star or 4 star rating. IB seems to be the lowest and the best but do not provide Historical Tick data and Real Time Tick data is filtered. So, that is like someone said a book with a few pages missing (randomly).

Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by kenny1924 View Post
                Thank you for your warning. I have not started trading with the Live TDA account as yet, so you spared me the trouble. Best is to keep the TDA account open since they do not have an No-Activty fee and it also provides the realtime data for no cost. It is a GREAT backup data source!!!!! I will probably be opening my account at MB Trading. They seem to be one of the better choices, although lots of issues with poor support were reported on various sites with at best a 3 1/2 star or 4 star rating. IB seems to be the lowest and the best but do not provide Historical Tick data and Real Time Tick data is filtered. So, that is like someone said a book with a few pages missing (randomly).

Kenny

Are you submitting SIM and LIVE orders at the same time??

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno
                by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                6 responses
                0 likes