Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjarader.exe error 1772

hello, i need advice on starting up NT.

last night i was adding about 6 market metrics from my kinetick feed. after i added
    sp issues vol down VI6D.Z
    sp issues vol up VI6A.Z
    i could no longer access the data series screen to add these two metrics to the chart.
    it just wouldn't come up, either by right clicking or keyboard shortcut.
    i removed those last two metrics and still couldn't get the data series screen.
    i voluntarily closed NT to restart and thats when i started getting the error and NT will no longer open.

when i try to start NT, i get the following. the error number will change but the wording is the same. came up 4204 once too.
    an unhandled exception ('System.IndexOutOfRangeException') occurred in NinjaTrader.exe [1772]
    then it asks me if i want to debug. if i say no, NT closes. if i say yes, tells me visual studio cannot be started and NT closes.

i thank you in advance for helping me through this, JM
    Attached Files

Hello JM,

Thank you for your forum post.

If you have Visual Studio installed it will enable Just-In-Time debugging by default. For more information regarding this, see the Microsoft Article:

I can investigate this situation further on my end, please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your latest log and trace files:
    You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
    • The log file will be named "log.20140227.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
    • The trace file will be named "trace.20140227.txt"

I look forward to assisting you further.
    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

RyanL, the visual studio i had was past the trial period. i uninstalled it and re-installed a new version. it knew i already had the trial period. didn't work.

when i tried to email support as advised, there's no email address it just goes to a microsoft account. i don't have one. can i print the log & trace files here? is there any information in there that i'd rather not have on the forum? account info etc..

if you have another way i can get you the files, i'm all ears.
      right now i'm stuck with non working platform.

thank you for helping, JM

Comment

Hello JM,

Thank you for the follow up.

Were you attempting to send the email to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com from within NinjaTrader?

If so, you may need to configure the email settings within NinjaTrader for your own account:

To use your own provider please visit the forum link below for further information.

When inputting your email settings from within Control Center > Tools > Options > Misc...

You need to make sure that the user field does not include "@.com" You will need to use "USERNAME"

If you are using port 25, you can test further by using port 587.

After inputting these settings, you will need to make sure this Misc window is closed by clicking on "OK" and then re-open the misc tab and test the email.

Otherwise you can compose the email to support from your own email client or from a webmail inbox such as gmail or yahoo mail.

If you would like, please send me a private message on the forum and I can assist further with obtaining the log and trace files as I would rather not have you post them on the forum..
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by egordleo, Today, 05:50 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post egordleo  
        Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
        118 responses