X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New charts

Hi

I wish to ask a few question in ref to the charts offered in NT
    1. When I open a chart to trade from in my existing charting package I have several weeks of back data which fill the chart,on a new chart in NT its starts with the 1st bar and builds from there as there is obviously no history file..I use IB and have read the thread on historical data on this forum but still cant get the NT chart to fill so atm I cant trade from it... how do I do this ?
    2. Once filled I assume I would then just re open this chart every day and connected it to the live IB data feed which I use to feed my linnsoft charting package and my original chart with all the history..ie yesterdays will be there ..is that right ?
    3. I have experimented with a few strategies but have been left with buy and sell info on my chart how do I delete this ?
    Sorry for the basic typical newbie questions

Cheers

Paulus

Originally posted by Paulus View Post
    Hi

I wish to ask a few question in ref to the charts offered in NT
    1. When I open a chart to trade from in my existing charting package I have several weeks of back data which fill the chart,on a new chart in NT its starts with the 1st bar and builds from there as there is obviously no history file..I use IB and have read the thread on historical data on this forum but still cant get the NT chart to fill so atm I cant trade from it... how do I do this ?
    2. Once filled I assume I would then just re open this chart every day and connected it to the live IB data feed which I use to feed my linnsoft charting package and my original chart with all the history..ie yesterdays will be there ..is that right ?
    3. I have experimented with a few strategies but have been left with buy and sell info on my chart how do I delete this ?
    Sorry for the basic typical newbie questions

Cheers

Paulus
    Hi Paulus,

1. Because you are using IB as your data feed you will only receive historical data for minute and daily bar charts. If you are attempting to build another type of chart the chart will only build from incoming real-time data.

2. This is correct if you have made trades that are recorded within the database file. These trades will be marked within your chart. You will need to have the 'plot executions' property set to either 'text and marker' or 'marker only'.

3. You can turn off the plotting of your executions via the Chart --> Right click --> Properties --> Plot executions --> Do not plot.

Comment

Thanks Eamon

Can I connect IB data feed to irt my charting software and Nt at the same time...I can do

IRT and Auto Trader

But now im trying to plot a chart within NT my IRT doesn't want to play all I wanted to do was check the signals I have automated on IRT are the same as signals on my NT chart

o you know of any reason why I cannot run both IRT and NT at the same time ?

cheers

paulus

Comment

Originally posted by Paulus View Post
        Thanks Eamon

Can I connect IB data feed to irt my charting software and Nt at the same time...I can do

IRT and Auto Trader

But now im trying to plot a chart within NT my IRT doesn't want to play all I wanted to do was check the signals I have automated on IRT are the same as signals on my NT chart

o you know of any reason why I cannot run both IRT and NT at the same time ?

cheers

paulus
        Hi Paulus,

I believe the programs are both requesting data from the same port. I am unsure how you would achieve running both NinjaTrader and IRT within IB at the same time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses