Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to open a new Chart

I cannot seem to get a new chart to open. I go to File > New > Chart

IN the Data Series Window, I select CL 04-14 or AAPL or anything and click New. Nothing happens. If I select the data series and double click, nothing happens.

Can you advise how to create a new chart?

Hello xraptorx,

Thank you for your post.

I would like you to try a partial uninstall and re-install of NinjaTrader. Please save your license key from Help -> License Key so that you can download the installation.

Please follow the steps listed below to partially uninstall and re-install NinjaTrader:

Close all running applications.

Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.

From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.

Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
    Download

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the re-install.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Cal,

I have done as requested and it still does not work. No data series can be loaded. Any other advice? It used to work.

Comment

Originally posted by xraptorx View Post
        Hi Cal,

I have done as requested and it still does not work. No data series can be loaded. Any other advice? It used to work.
        Are you connected to a data provider when you create the chart?

Do you have historical data?

Both questions relate to the concept that you cannot get data in a chart if you have no data to load...

Comment

Hi there Tasker

I am connected to Kinetic end of day free and I do have historical data downloaded for Default and SP500 but none of those securities will load data series. How can I completely uninstall NT from my PC and restart. Maybe that works since the partial uninstall did not remedy the situation.

Comment

Hi there Tasker

I am connected to Kinetic end of day free and I do have historical data downloaded for Default and SP500 but none of those securities will load data series. How can I completely uninstall NT from my PC and restart. Maybe that works since the partial uninstall did not remedy the situation.
            I can only suggest what you've already done in the removal process so perhaps cal can guide you further.

Have you connected to market replay and start at a date you know you have data for and then bring up a DOM to see if you have evidence of price movement?

Comment

Hi there Tasker

Hello,

Allow me to get into the mix.

What interval are you selecting when you try to bring up a chart? Please keep in mind that with the Kinetick EOD connection you can only bring up Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly charts.
              Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Vince,

Happy to have you in the mix. I cannot even load a data series by clicking on it and this is the first step before choosing a time frame on the chart. According to the Youtube videos, I click in the upper left hand panel an investment instrument (eg. CL -##-## or AAPL).

Then in the right hand panel, I can select colors, timeframes, etc.

Finally, I then Click OK.

Once I select AAPL from my left hand panel under the SP500 list, nothing on the right hand side of Data Series window appeears. As a result, I cannot even select a time frame.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
                Hello,

Allow me to get into the mix.

What interval are you selecting when you try to bring up a chart? Please keep in mind that with the Kinetick EOD connection you can only bring up Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly charts.

Comment

Hi NinjaTrader_Vince,

Happy to have you in the mix. I cannot even load a data series by clicking on it and this is the first step before choosing a time frame on the chart. According to the Youtube videos, I click in the upper left hand panel an investment instrument (eg. CL -##-## or AAPL).

Then in the right hand panel, I can select colors, timeframes, etc.

Finally, I then Click OK.

Once I select AAPL from my left hand panel under the SP500 list, nothing on the right hand side of Data Series window appeears. As a result, I cannot even select a time frame.
                  double-click?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, what happens when you left double click on the instrument in the upper left portion of the Data Series window? Does it then show up in the lower left portion of the window? If so, make sure the instrument in the lower left portion is highlighted and then select 'Day' as the Type and click OK.
                    Does the chart show up now?

Comment

As I wrote on the first post, double click does not work either. I have removed all the Default instruments and put new ones in the list. When uninstalling and then installing again, my custom default list is still maintained so it seems not to completely uninstall.

I am wondering if there is something I did which has screwed up NT and that setting is maintained even when uninstalling. ??

Comment

Hello,

Can you please reset your instruments under Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> Reset Instruments.
                        Then after this select one of the instruments and see if you can bring up a Daily chart for this.

If that doesn't work I'll send you instructions for a complete uninstall/reinstall.

Comment

Hi

Resetting instruments did not work even after closing the application and restarting. In fact I still had my customizations in the default list. Lets try total uninstall please

Comment

Hello xraptorx,

Thank you for your reply.

Please send a note to [email protected] with "ATTN: Chris S" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                            1.) A link to this forum thread.
                            2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7-> Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt
                            Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

files and mail sent

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post WHICKED
                              by WHICKED