Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT hangs after IB connection loss and restore

Hi,

I moved off IB's data feed a week ago and onto Kinetick. i.e. I now use Kinetick for data and IB for trade execution.

Since then each time there is an issue with the connection to IB (e.g. TWS loses and then restores it's own connection to the mother ship), NT hangs. I have to forcibly terminate the NT process and restart it. It occurs now multiple times each session. These are live futures scalping sessions...

Anyone seen this and know how to fix it?

NTv7.0.1000.18, TWS v938.1e

Cheers,
    JD

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

In the event of a disconnection NinjaTrader will make several attempts to automatically reconnect. If the software is not able to renegotiate a connection then you will be forced to disconnect and reconnect as you have outlined. There is no work around which can be used to overcome this currently.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Thanks. Just to be clear - the issue would appear to be that NT is not attempting to re-negotiate. It is simply hanging - i.e. becoming non-responsive to the Windows session. I do not disconnect and reconnect to TWS from within NT - because NT has ceased to respond - it is hung. I have to forcibly kill the NT application via Task Manager.

That is very different to merely telling NT to disco the TWS connection and then re-start the TWS connection - that would still create significant trading risk, but is manageable.

Note that TWS is functional throughout. The issue is that TWS merely lost its own upstream connection to its servers. For whatever reason that causes NT to cease to function.

This is clearly a serious bug in NT.

Is it in the pipeline for a fix, and when? If not how do I get it logged and scheduled?

NB: note that when I was using IB for both data and execution I didn't have this problem - when IB lost it's connection to its upstream data farm and then re-gained it, Ninja went rolling on, no issue. It's only since the introduction of Kinetick that NT has started failing each time IB has a hiccup in its upstream connection.

Regards,
      JD
      Last edited by jdnicholas; 03-03-2014, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Hello JD,

Am I correct in understanding the issue only occurs when connected to Kinetick first and IB second. When connected solely to IB and you experience a disconnection, it reconnects without issue?

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, NT hangs after IB connection loss and restore' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

.22 release fixed it

Hi Jason,

That is correct. When I used IB for both data and execution it happily reconnected after a network/connection event. Once I started connecting to Kinetick first and IB second, it would hang upon a connection/network connectivity issue.

Happily, the (.22?) point release came out later that week and after installing it I've had no further issue of that kind.

I don't hold my breath any more when I put a trade on...

Cheers,
          JD

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post wzgy0920  
          Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
          2 responses