Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Take Profit Order Type

Hi

What type of limit orders does the ATM Strategy use? I took a simulated long trade at 94.50, in market replay, with a target at 94.92. The issue is that price traded to a high of 92 yet the take profit order was somehow filled. I checked the historical data manager and confirmed that 92 was the high. I assumed that price had to trade through 92 for the order to be filled - i.e. 92 had to become the bid price for the order to be filled.

I have a strategy that behaves a little differently. I took the same trade but this time my strategy did not get filled at the take profit order which makes more sense. I don't know what type of limit order my strategy uses.

I would appreciate any help with letting me know the difference between the 2 limit orders types.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader's ATM Strategies will use (by default) plain Limit orders as a Profit Target and Stop Limit orders as a Stop Loss.

Did your order take place within a brokerage account or NinjaTrader's Sim101 account? In the simulation account, fills can take place anywhere within the bid/ask range.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle

Thanks for the rapid response.

I took the trade in the Replay101 account. I just want to know if the ATM scenario is realistic when it comes to live trading. Can my take profit order get filled if price merely touches it without actually trading through it.

I might add also that the take profit order at 92 was filled at 92 - so zero slippage.

I don't know if my strategy is using a stop limit or a plain limit order but I assume it's execution is more realistic in a live trading environment.

Comment

Hi chadc,

The replay and simulation accounts will fill orders as realistically as possible however I would encourage you to contact your broker for more information about how this type of order would typically be executed within their system as there may be some differences.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes