Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspace problem

Hi support,

i have a trouble with the workspace.I have two seperate workspaces with different currency pairs.I have also an indicator with an email alert for all pairs.the problem is that when i start the platform i get the signals for the pair that doesn`t exist in the particular workspacde it simply isn`t there.What is the problem??

Hello cachevery,

You likely have the workspace opened in the background. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor(s). Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select the workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. This will close the workspace, so it does not generate alerts anymore.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello cachevery,

You likely have the workspace opened in the background. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor(s). Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select the workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. This will close the workspace, so it does not generate alerts anymore.
      Hi Jason,that helps!

An other question would be,how to preven the charts windows from cascading after restarting the platform?Every time i start the platform i have to manually fir the charts into the screen window.Quite annoying.

Regardgs

Comment

Hello,

After arranging the windows as you would like, please click File > Workspaces > Save Workspace. When NinjaTrader is restarted you should see the windows which you saved loaded with the same settings and screen position.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          Hello,

After arranging the windows as you would like, please click File > Workspaces > Save Workspace. When NinjaTrader is restarted you should see the windows which you saved loaded with the same settings and screen position.

No Kyle,that doesn`t work.I have 2 workspaces saved and it still opens with the cascading windows.

Comment

Hello,

Since no feature of NInjaTrader would cause this to occur we would need to further investigate on your PC remotely. Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In that message, please include a link to this forum thread, your phone number and let me know what time tomorrow (from 8:30 AM EST - 6:00 PM EST) we could reach you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello,

Since no feature of NInjaTrader would cause this to occur we would need to further investigate on your PC remotely. Please contact me at Support AT NinjaTrader DOT com. In that message, please include a link to this forum thread, your phone number and let me know what time tomorrow (from 8:30 AM EST - 6:00 PM EST) we could reach you.

Sorry Kyle,i can`t let you access my PC remotely.Is there any other way from your experience.

Comment

Hello,

Since this is not an issue I have ever seen before, I do not have any recommendations at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by cachevery View Post
                  No Kyle,that doesn`t work.I have 2 workspaces saved and it still opens with the cascading windows.
                  Which Windows are you using? Is this through a mac?

Comment

No it`s W7

Comment

Originally posted by cachevery View Post
                      No it`s W7
                      I found a few things in google about cascading windows in Windows. (This one is specific to W7)

Comment

Thanks for the link.I`ll check.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses