Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zhidhng View Post
    Hey everyone.

Just wanted to say that I am also experiencing disconnects and problems with Amp Futures/CQG today. I am guessing it has nothing to do with Ninja and has more to do with CQG. The disconnects happen for about 1 second (and it reconnects.) Though earlier I had one disconnect that took a few minutes to resolve. A bit problematic as I had orders submitted at the time.

I'm connected but I don't think I will be putting in any trades until I am certain the issue is resolved.
    You probably are right, as NT is rarely at issue. My guess would be to play it safe and stay off live orders until one of the staff here gives us the green light.

Comment

Amp- cqg

Originally posted by zhidhng View Post
      Hey everyone.

Just wanted to say that I am also experiencing disconnects and problems with Amp Futures/CQG today. I am guessing it has nothing to do with Ninja and has more to do with CQG. The disconnects happen for about 1 second (and it reconnects.) Though earlier I had one disconnect that took a few minutes to resolve. A bit problematic as I had orders submitted at the time.

I'm connected but I don't think I will be putting in any trades until I am certain the issue is resolved.
      Same exact deal here !

Comment

I just pinged CQG servers and it doesn't look good, at least from my path.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Please send us your diagnostic files as per post #7.
          CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cameron, but I already have an e mail thread going with Vince regarding this issue.

Comment

Hello,

I wanted to provide an update.

Thank you for everyone that sent in your diagnostic files.

All cases thus far were not on the most recent version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.22. This update contains connection sensitivity updates to the CQG/Continuum adapter.

Use the following link to download NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.22. You can register your current license key which can be found under the Control Center -> Help--> License Key

Close NinjaTrader before installing.

Since this is an over-the-top upgrade, you will not lose any chart templates, workspaces or other custom settings.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAAPL View Post
                I just pinged CQG servers and it doesn't look good, at least from my path.
                I just tried this too and got the same results. Are you sure this is the correct address?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
                  Hello,

I wanted to provide an update.

Thank you for everyone that sent in your diagnostic files.

All cases thus far were not on the most recent version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.22. This update contains connection sensitivity updates to the CQG/Continuum adapter.

Use the following link to download NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.22. You can register your current license key which can be found under the Control Center -> Help--> License Key

Close NinjaTrader before installing.

Since this is an over-the-top upgrade, you will not lose any chart templates, workspaces or other custom settings.
                  This is bad. I just updated to R21 yesterday. I should know to wait to update these things as there are obviously issues like today's which cost me money.

Comment

Yes bce, I just tried it again and got a slightly better result, only losing 75% (LOL)

I am going to upgrade as per Camerons recommendation and report back.

Comment

Hi there,

I just upgraded and seem to have a good connection now

Comment

I'm not sure I trust this. Don't want to lose more money. Is there the possibility of going back to the previous version?

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
                          This is bad. I just updated to R21 yesterday. I should know to wait to update these things as there are obviously issues like today's which cost me money.
                          bce111, I understand that you are working with my colleagues regarding your specific issue and they are reviewing the diagnostic files currently.

We always suggest that all NinjaTrader clients are on the most recent version.
                          You can view the updates that have occurred on our release notes.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cameron View Post
                            bce111, I understand that you are working with my colleagues regarding your specific issue and they are reviewing the diagnostic files currently.

We always suggest that all NinjaTrader clients are on the most recent version.
                            You can view the updates that have occurred on our release notes.
                            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ease_notes.htm
                            I'm sure everyone's doing their best. But I did update to the "latest version" yesterday and it obviously didn't work this morning and cost me money. So that's bad. I'll try to upgrade I guess. Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
                              I'm sure everyone's doing their best. But I did update to the "latest version" yesterday and it obviously didn't work this morning and cost me money. So that's bad. I'll try to upgrade I guess. Thx.
                              This was my reply to the correspondence regarding this.

Hi, Patrick

Actually my internet connection is fine. No problems. I saw all the disconnect and connect info in the log file. I understand the Global SIM mode but frequently just change this in the SuperDOM. Believe me it was not in the live account position when I placed the trade nor did I change it afterward. I looked right at it while placing the trade and when I tried to clear it by hitting reset in the options tabs it was still in the SIM mode and in fact the place in the SuperDOM that shows the profit or loss was showing the loss in the SIM mode not in my real account. Maybe due to the disconnect even though I changed it to SIM before the trade, it didn't actually change it in the software. This indicates a software issue. Why would it show a loss in the SIM mode if I didn't have an active SIM trade?

In regards to the newer version I just updated this yesterday as the software told me to. Now there is a newer version this morning. So there must have been some issues with yesterday's release.

Thanks,
                              BCE
                              Last edited by bce111; 03-05-2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

bce111,

I do not know the full situation as Patrick does, please continue to work with Patrick through email and reserve this thread for CGQ/Continuum connection issues.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mmenigma, Yesterday, 03:25 PM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                                Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes