File Sharing Violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Sharing Violation

For the past two days NT (v.7-21, and v.7-22) have shutdown unexpectedly several times with a generic message from Windows ("Problem with program...needs to shutdown"). NT support suggests that this might be due to Securirty and/or Back-up software causing a conflict. I have attempted to identify and disable those types of software, reboot, and re start NT. NT is working - at the moment, but, is there a way to determine the specific software that is causing the alleged "violation"? If I can determine the offender, I can deal with that specific software, and not compromise PC security.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hello jmmdownhil,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums!

It is going to be hard to tell which program is accessing a file but there are a few tools that you may try to use to find this information out.

You may try to use the Microsoft Windows Resource Monitor to find out which application is using a file from NinjaTrader by opening up the Resource Monitor and checking the Disk Activity to see which program is accessing any of your (My) Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 files. Here is a link to a site that goes over the Resource Monitor that you may view as a reference.

When it comes to smart computing, there's no better tool for understanding and troubleshooting your computer’s health than the free Resource Monitor utility. Here's how to make it work for you.

You may view the following link for an alternative method to find out which program is using a file using another program that you may download.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_JC; 03-04-2014, 12:21 PM.
    JCNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jmmdownhil View Post
      For the past two days NT (v.7-21, and v.7-22) have shutdown unexpectedly several times with a generic message from Windows ("Problem with program...needs to shutdown"). NT support suggests that this might be due to Securirty and/or Back-up software causing a conflict. I have attempted to identify and disable those types of software, reboot, and re start NT. NT is working - at the moment, but, is there a way to determine the specific software that is causing the alleged "violation"? If I can determine the offender, I can deal with that specific software, and not compromise PC security.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
      I don't know if this will answer the main question but you should find some level of detail in your Event Viewer, located in administrative tools in the control panel.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Jon17
      by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
      0 responses