X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predefined entries, dynamic exits

Hi,

I trade manually to enter a trade but.....:

I would like to record my entries and put them in a strategy so I can test out multiple automated exits and see if I can improve my exits by analysing them.

Is there a way to realise this? (keep in mind my entries cannot be programmed but the exits could)

Creamers,

Thank you for your post.

There are two options here. You can write your strategy so that it only enters at the specific times that you outline from your entries or you can just have it enter in a new bar and then test the open position with your exits.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
      Creamers,
      There are two options here. You can write your strategy so that it only enters at the specific times that you outline from your entries or you can just have it enter in a new bar and then test the open position with your exits.
      Option 1: is there a example how I let a strategy enter at a specific time and price?
      Option 2: enter it on a new bar is not the exact price I got in realtime, if that's what you mean?

It's important for me and future evaluations that I can let the strategy enter at the 'exact' time , but more important the price.

(If I reload the data, it could be that it differs a little bit and it will not be the 'right' time compare to price , right?)

I hope you can help me out a little here. If nessecary a non supported advice so I can try to program it myself or another person.

Comment

Creamers,

Yes, here is a link for a reference sample on how to put in a time filter -
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3226

I understand that you are looking for exact time and price, but if you just testing the exit conditions then you would just need an open position. However, if you're basing your exit conditions from that time and price then yes you can use the time filter sample from above.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Cal View Post
          Creamers,

Yes, here is a link for a reference sample on how to put in a time filter -
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3226

I understand that you are looking for exact time and price, but if you just testing the exit conditions then you would just need an open position. However, if you're basing your exit conditions from that time and price then yes you can use the time filter sample from above.
          Thank you for your fast reaction,

Maybe a good idea to add this to the feature list? It would be a good thing for traders to get all history entry points and try to improve the exit by trying multiple exit strategy's.

Now, I do still have a question. I've search the forum intensively for people who wanted to achive the same.
          Do you know about a thread with the same question so I can get in contact with those traders?

Say hi to Raymond from the Netherlands This idea could be an alternative for the shadow trades we talked about 10 years ago

Comment

I'm not aware of any other threads but if find any or new ones come up I'll be sure to let you know

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Waxavi
            by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
            0 responses