SIM Order Filled as Real Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIM Order Filled as Real Order

I just placed a trade a few minutes ago in the SIM mode and let it go just to see what it would do. I was looking right at it. It was definitely in SIM mode. And I went off to do other things. And when I came back I saw it was down so I went to reset the SIM mode which it was still in in the SuperDOM. But it didn't erase it. So I tried again and it still didn't erase it. So I checked and it had entered a real trade from my real account. And I lost money.

I just installed the new R21 version yesterday. Is there an issue with this? Furious.
    Last edited by bce111; 03-05-2014, 09:36 AM.

Hello bce111,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 1029457' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=64407

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello bce111,

Thank you for your post.

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Support.

Please place 'ATTN: Patrick - 1029457' in the subject line and reference this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=64407
      I looked at it myself. Evidently there was a disconnect a couple of minutes before my order. Not sure how that would effect it. Did you see the other thread on AMP CQG disconnect issues this morning?

Comment

Patrick, here's the other thread relating to this. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?p=366124

I emailed you my log and trace files.

Comment

Hello bce111,

Thank you sending in your log and trace files.

This would not be related to release 21 of NinjaTrader 7. The disconnects can occur due to several items; server maintenance, ISP issues, or even items with your network such as your modem or router. If you are connected via a wireless router please connect via a wired cable. In addition, please unplug your modem and router and then plug them back in to reset.

For the orders, unfortunately your log file shows this as a manually placed order at 7:11:57 AM, just about two minutes after the connection was re-establsihed to CQG in NinjaTrader. This order did not convert from a SIM101 position to a Live position. If you want to ensure you order entry windows are exclusively set to the SIM101 account please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > File > Global Simulation Mode and ensure it is enabled with a check mark next to it. You can fidn information on Global Simulation Mode at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ation_mode.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello bce111,

Thank you sending in your log and trace files.

This would not be related to release 21 of NinjaTrader 7. The disconnects can occur due to several items; server maintenance, ISP issues, or even items with your network such as your modem or router. If you are connected via a wireless router please connect via a wired cable. In addition, please unplug your modem and router and then plug them back in to reset.

For the orders, unfortunately your log file shows this as a manually placed order at 7:11:57 AM, just about two minutes after the connection was re-establsihed to CQG in NinjaTrader. This order did not convert from a SIM101 position to a Live position. If you want to ensure you order entry windows are exclusively set to the SIM101 account please go to the NinjaTrader Control Center > File > Global Simulation Mode and ensure it is enabled with a check mark next to it. You can fidn information on Global Simulation Mode at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ation_mode.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.
            Just so anyone reading this will see my response. Here it is.

Hi, Patrick

Actually my internet connection is fine. No problems. I saw all the disconnect and connect info in the log file. I understand the Global SIM mode but frequently just change this in the SuperDOM. Believe me it was not in the live account position when I placed the trade nor did I change it afterward. I looked right at it while placing the trade and when I tried to clear it by hitting reset in the options tabs it was still in the SIM mode and in fact the place in the SuperDOM that shows the profit or loss was showing the loss in the SIM mode not in my real account. Maybe due to the disconnect even though I changed it to SIM before the trade, it didn't actually change it in the software. This indicates a software issue. Why would it show a loss in the SIM mode if I didn't have an active SIM trade?

In regards to the newer version I just updated this yesterday as the software told me to. Now there is a newer version this morning. So there must have been some issues with yesterday's release.

Thanks
            Last edited by bce111; 03-05-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Hello bce111,

Thank you for your response.

Your Log file shows that you were Long 1 in the SIM101 account before the disconnects:
              3/5/2014 6:45:03 AM|1|32|Order='fa178e3ce85e4ff5b5136706d290fdec/Sim101' Name='' New state=Filled Instrument='TF 03-14' Action=Buy Limit price=1205.6 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Limit Filled=1 Fill price=1205.6 Error=NoError Native error=''
              After the disconnects we see a new order submitted to the Live account:
              3/5/2014 7:11:57 AM|1|32|Submitting order without strategy
              3/5/2014 7:11:58 AM|1|32|Order='...' Name='' New state=PendingSubmit Instrument='TF 03-14' Action=Buy Limit price=1204.7 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Limit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=NoError Native error=''
              In addition, at 5:54 AM your log shows that the Global Simulation Mode is in fact disabled:
              3/5/2014 5:54:29 AM|1|2|Global simulation mode disabled

Comment

Hello bce111,

Your Log file shows that you were Long 1 in the SIM101 account before the disconnects:

After the disconnects we see a new order submitted to the Live account:

In addition, at 5:54 AM your log shows that the Global Simulation Mode is in fact disabled:
                My response was:

Hi,

I saw that. But when I went to reset the SIM account I had TF up in the SuperDOM in the SIM mode. And it showed a trading loss in the SIM mode. I was looking right at it. I do this all the time. And when I cleared and reset it it still showed a loss in the SIM mode. That obviously was puzzling. Why would it do that? That is a software issue. If this was you doing this you'd see the same thing. The only reason I checked my real account was it didn't clear the loss in the SIM mode in the SuperDOM when I tried to reset it. I was down a lot more. Fortunately it rebounded some and my loss was less, but a loss none the less. I use tight stops so wouldn't have let this go.

I want to try some trades. I'll talk to you more later. Thanks.

Comment

Hello bce111,

If we had the order entry window set to the SIM101 accoutn we would see the PnL and position for the SIM101 account. Please let me know your results after testing.

Comment

Hello bce111,

If we had the order entry window set to the SIM101 accoutn we would see the PnL and position for the SIM101 account. Please let me know your results after testing.
                    That's what I'm saying. The SuperDOM was in SIM mode. I was looking right at it. And it was showing a trading loss in the PnL section in the SIM mode. And then when you reset the SIM mode in the Options tab this is cleared. But when I went to do that it didn't clear it. I tried twice. That's how I knew something was wrong. I know you probably think I was just confused and had it in live mode all along, but I didn't. If I had taken a print screen of the SuperDOM you'd see this. But I just wanted to get out of the live trade with as small a loss as possible. Believe me this was in the SIM mode all along. I'm sure you don't believe that as it says differently in the log. If it wasn't in the SIM mode it didn't show that to me in the software.

It seems okay now. I just tried a SIM trade and it entered a SIM trade and then I reset it and it cleared. Just upset a bit at the earlier loss.

Thanks.

Comment

Just a thought as I'm not seeing any trades right now. You should maybe have the software developers look into this to make sure there's not some issue with the software in regards to switching back and forth between SIM and our live account in the SuperDOM. Someone else in another thread mentioned some issues this morning. Thx.

Comment

Hello bce111,

You can set your account to SIM101 on your order entry windows, this is correct. What I am detailing is that the trade was placed on the Live account manually, meaning an order was submitted and placed through the order entry window to the live account. We have had no other users stating that their SIM101 trades became live trades and within your log and trace it shows that the order was submitted manually.

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
                          Just a thought as I'm not seeing any trades right now. You should maybe have the software developers look into this to make sure there's not some issue with the software in regards to switching back and forth between SIM and our live account in the SuperDOM. Someone else in another thread mentioned some issues this morning. Thx.
                          I just noticed something in regards to this that may have been changed in the software. As I recall when I disconnected before and then reconnected, the mode in the SuperDOM remained what it had been before the disconnect. That is if it was in SIM mode before I disconnected it would remain in SIM mode after I reconnected. And if it was in live mode with my real account it would bring that up when I reconnected. It seemed that way. Now I just disconnected while in SIM mode in the SuperDOM with Global Simulation Mode unchecked. But when I reconnected it had my live mode entered in the SuperDOM. Is this a change in the software? Maybe when the connection was lost it changed it to my real account.

But it did still show the trading loss in the SIM mode in the SuperDOM when I tried to reset it, even though I had no live SIM trades. Just trying to understand what may have happened. Thx.

Comment

Hello bce111,

You can set your account to SIM101 on your order entry windows, this is correct. What I am detailing is that the trade was placed on the Live account manually, meaning an order was submitted and placed through the order entry window to the live account. We have had no other users stating that their SIM101 trades became live trades and within your log and trace it shows that the order was submitted manually.
                            I know what it says. But as I mentioned I know what I did. There was some issue with the SuperDOM as I mentioned that the SuperDOM showed a trading loss while in the SIM mode on TF even though I had no active SIM trades. Why would it do that? I know what the log says, but I know what I did. You're assuming the log shows accurately what I did, which I maybe would too. But I think this is a software issue you're not aware of. You won't give that credence perhaps, but I know what I was doing in the software. See my new post that may relate to this.

One last clarification. Are you saying I placed the order in the order entry window and not from the SuperDOM? Because I never do that. I always place orders with the SuperDOM. As far as the order being manual I did place it manually in the SuperDOM but in SIM mode. Maybe it was the disconnect issue.

Be back later. See if I see any trades. Thx.
                            Last edited by bce111; 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Hello bce111,

I am seeing the same item when I disconnect while the SIM101 account is selected and then re-connect and my live account is now selected in the account drop down menu. I will look in to this further and follow here when I have additional information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jaybedreamin  
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888