Chart Trader and Chart Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Trader and Chart Issues

Okay, weird issues on my VPS running NT R22. I am just going to list them.

1. Chart for LE 04-14 not generating candles based on tick or minute data. Dynamic DOM works, but no charting. Broker is AMP right now and they think it should work. I have selected market replay record, save historical data, repaired data, reset data, reset instruments.

2. When I have chart trader selected I can't seem to right click and place an advanced order periodically, today. I would have to close the chart and start from scratch. Now, it is not working at all. I even did a NT restart. The weird thing it is working on another chart, but not on my TF chart. Tried applying different templates, going into properties and turning chart trader to false then back to true.

3. This started last night. On certain charts the bar to move horizontally is staying selected. So, when I move my mouse over the chart it is dragging the price data to the left or right. Typically it moves it left as I want it all the way to the right. I tried a complete computer restart and NT restart numerous times. It started on my 6C chart, and now is on my TF chart. 6C does not seem as touchy. My other charts GC and CC are not affected. This is the same TF chart that I can't use the advanced orders on. It does not always do it and I can't recreate it. Do I need to do a complete uninstall?

Hello Hammerhorn,

Thank you for your post.

I would not recommend a complete uninstall but a soft uninstall and reinstall as these items could relate to an installation issue. Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    4. Reboot your machine.
    5. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Did not work. Still making price data jump and can't place advanced orders in chart trader.

Comment

It seems to be only TF. I can't take the same chart and change the contract and then right click and get the advanced orders.

Comment

When I change TF 03-14 to TF 06-14 no difference.

Comment

Hello Hammerhorn,

Thank you for your response.

Please go to Tools > Options > Data > and set the Merge Policy to DoNotMerge > OK. Please let me know if this resolves the matter.

Comment

No. Still no charting for LE and no right click for advanced orders for TF.

Comment

Okay, have not touched NT since my last post and I decided to try again. Now I can place advanced orders for TF. Still no tick data for LE.
                Last edited by Hammerhorn; 03-05-2014, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Hello Hammerhorn,

Thank you for your response.

The LE 04-14 should supply real-time data from CQG. So I may further test your account connection on my end, can you please send me your configuration file?

You will find your configuration file in the following directory: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\config.xml

Once located, please attach the config.xml file to an e-mail to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com wiht 'ATTN: Patrick - 1029905' in the subject line and a reference to this thread in the body of the e-mail: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=64425

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred