• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ordered 3 contracts + SL & TP on 1 TIF - 2 days later = now cannot exit trade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered 3 contracts + SL & TP on 1 TIF - 2 days later = now cannot exit trade

Hope you can help.
    Searched google - but no joy.
    I entered a 3 contract forex trade - SL [stop loss] and TP [take profit] levels were entered with a 1 day TIF setting.
    All on a demo -sim account.
    Trade was filled, but now it is over 1 day later, and my SL and TP targets are missing in action.
    How do I retrieve this particular contract and then re-enter the SL and TP targets so that I do not double up on orders - yet still maintain control over the filled contracts?
    Cheers

Hello albtross,

Can you please check if you see the orders in the Control Center-->Orders-tab. Right click in the Orders-tab and select 'Filter Only Active Orders'.

If not and you have an open position without any stop loss or profit target orders protecting it, you can easily add these exit orders.

Please see a post in our support forum that outlines how to accomplish protecting an open position.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=6197
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason -- I did that and it does not show any active orders.
      Is there any way I can send a screenshot to you.
      Reason = I can see via the log several changes I made to the SL and TP levels but nowhere can I see any reference indicating that I was stopped out.
      I want to show these log entries to you.
      While this is a demo account, you can appreciate that I do need to sort this out.
      I won't be using the TIF = Day again if I cannot solve this.
      Thanks for the prompt help

Comment

Hello albtross,

Can you please send me your log and trace files. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support. Put 'Att Jason, Ordered 3 contracts + SL & TP on 1 TIF - 2 days later = now cannot exit trade' in the subject header and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Please include at what time you submitted the order, at what price and instrument.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Longhornmark, Today, 07:06 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid  
        Started by bomberone3, Today, 02:59 PM
        1 response
        0 likes