Can't remove an order from chart and chart issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remove an order from chart and chart issues

I have a 'buy SLM order' that was done as a test during premkt while in sim 101 mode today. The order can't be removed from the chart and also it shows up in the orders-state grid as 'initialize' and can't be cancelled by right clicking that box and choosing cancel. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting, resetting the database, restarting the program and deleting the TDA connection and re-adding it again. I've been using NT for about two weeks now and it seems pretty glitchy. Things like charts showing up blank between opening bell to 9:45am and now this. I also can't understand why we have to use a 32 bit version for TDA when x64 is the norm today. Is there even an option to dock the windows? I planned on using NT for day trading via tda but when money is on the line, I'm not going to risk using this platform with the possibility of charts not refreshing or order status uncertainty. Thanks.

Try repair the database option.

TDA adapter is only 32 bit.

Originally posted by bortz View Post
    I have a 'buy SLM order' that was done as a test during premkt while in sim 101 mode today. The order can't be removed from the chart and also it shows up in the orders-state grid as 'initialize' and can't be cancelled by right clicking that box and choosing cancel. I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting, resetting the database, restarting the program and deleting the TDA connection and re-adding it again. I've been using NT for about two weeks now and it seems pretty glitchy. Things like charts showing up blank between opening bell to 9:45am and now this. I also can't understand why we have to use a 32 bit version for TDA when x64 is the norm today. Is there even an option to dock the windows? I planned on using NT for day trading via tda but when money is on the line, I'm not going to risk using this platform with the possibility of charts not refreshing or order status uncertainty. Thanks.

Comment

Hello bortz,

Thanks for writing in.

To get rid of a stuck sim order you will need to go to Tools> Options> Simulator> Reset

I recommend writing into supprot[at]ninjatrader[dot]com when your chart doesn't load so we can look into your log and trace files and see what is happening.
      The API to connect to TD Ameritrade does not have 64 bit support. Development has on their feature request list adding 64 bit support for TD Ameritrade.
      Please clarify what you mean by dock the windows. Are you wanting to put all your NinjaTrader windows within a single window? If so this could not be done, all the windows are free floating with NinjaTrader.

Below I have provided a link to the Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider section of our help guide which includes 64 bit support information
      BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just fixed it by reset button in the simulator tab.via tools-options-simulator-reset. Lost all my sim trade data in the process. Also noted that there doesn't seem to be a way to save the L2 box without the summary option showing up in L2 every time the program starts. Also, If you use big fonts and then manually resize the grids to fit data, there's no way to save those manual resized changes. One thing I didn't want to do is go out and buy another monitor to use default fonts and spread it across two monitors. That's the breaks when you're visually handicapped I guess. Thanks.

Comment

"Dock the windows" is terminology meaning having the ability to get each individual window's border to touch (interlock) with an adjacent window and then become movable (be dragged) as a single window composed of the smaller windows. Programmers have the ability to design programs with this functionality to be able to save and reopen a program as either docked or undocked as well as to save L2 boxes with the 'summary' function disabled rather than manually disabling every program start. Do you need a programmer?

Comment

Hello borz,

Thanks for verifying my thought on what you were referring to by docked.
            This can not be done with NinjaTrader however it is on developments list of features to take into consideration.
            Being able to save that summary does not display on the Level II window and being able to adjust text size and sizes of other items in NinjaTrader are all items that are being taken into consideration for NinjaTrader 8. Any sort of feature requests are being taken into consideration for NinjaTrader 8 as this is developments main focus right now.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for verifying that those are NT options that aren't available and that I wasn't overlooking an option to fix it. I'm really surprised nobody's reached out with these requests before now, considering the length of time this program has been available. After giving this program a couple weeks trial run, I'll continue to do most of my trading through speed trader and their proprietary DAS trader platform, which is more suitable for glitch-free order execution, accuracy and user friendliness. Thanks for your time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
              3 responses
              1 like
              Last Post PaulMohn  
              Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post PaulMohn