Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows XP

Hello All,
    I have happily used Ninja (lifetime license) for several years on my Windows XP Pro PC. I have never used my trading computer for anything except trading. The only time I even open a browser on this PC is to download the newest version of Ninja, send a log/trace file to support, or access my clearing firm's statement archive. I trade from home on a wired/ethernet connection, no wi-fi. I use Microsoft Security Essentials to protect the computer, and I've never had the slightest issue.

My question is this: Can I continue to safely use this computer for trading after Microsoft stops support in April for XP? Do I have to upgrade or buy a new PC? Is it even possible for my computer to obtain malware or a virus when I never surf the web on this machine?
    I would really appreciate if both Ninja support as well as other knowledgeable forum members would offer their opinions,advice and recommendations.

Hello counterpoint,

Thank you for your post.

You can still use NinjaTrader on Windows XP after it becomes unsupported by Microsoft. However, the item of security is debatable. One item to consider is that the operating system would no longer receive security updates or fixes. Unfortunately, I cannot say with utmost certainty that your PC will not be harmed by malicious software or harmful system killing bugs.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gbourque  
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby