1 min charting.....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 min charting.....??

Hi ive been using ninja trader for a few months and loving it! but i just recently bought a new system for the platform that uses the 1 min time frame but i cant get my charts (the bars on the chart) to look right on the 1 min...Ive attached two photos of whats happening the first one (Labeled his chart(Ignore all the indicators on his chart just look at the bars)) is how the traders screen looks that i bought the system from and the 2nd one (Labeled My chart) is how mine looks(they were both screen shots of the same time and on the same currency pair). The bars look so unclean on my chart and i cant figure out why???...... thank you much!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zack.pulaski; 03-07-2014, 11:43 PM.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, yes? Your chart is a basic 1 minute chart and is what i would expect. His chart shows that the candles have been colorized via an indicator.

You do know that you can change the appearance of your candles via the dataseries panel? You can change the color of the candle body, you can change the thickness of the outline of the candle body as well as the wick. You can change the color of the outline to be different than the body for some interesting effects.

So if you want yours to look like his, you'll have to use his indicators. If you want yours to look like yours, well you can do it yourself.

Comment

I don't think that's it cause if you look at the picture i attached in this reply i circled the parts that look weird like all of the candles are exactly the same size pretty much and if you look at the price bar i circled on the right theirs only like 1 pip per bar it almost looks like a range bar chart to me i just don't understand whats going on with it.(even the dude i bought the system from says theirs something wrong with my charts) (and i doesn't help to put all of his indicators on it the bars still look wired and not very smooth)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zack.pulaski View Post
        I don't think that's it cause if you look at the picture i attached in this reply i circled the parts that look weird like all of the candles are exactly the same size pretty much and if you look at the price bar i circled on the right theirs only like 1 pip per bar it almost looks like a range bar chart to me i just don't understand whats going on with it.(even the dude i bought the system from says theirs something wrong with my charts) (and i doesn't help to put all of his indicators on it the bars still look wired and not very smooth)
        Note sure what to tell you. The chart you just posted looks like there was not much price action as evidenced by the flat bars so i not sure I understand what your expectations are. The scale is auto-scaled to fit the price action which again says there wasn't much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ghoul
        by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes