Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Steps needed to change the background from white to black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steps needed to change the background from white to black?

What steps need to be taken to change the background from white to black and still be able to see all the items that are available on the white background? Such as the gridlines, prices, candle wicks and so on.

Thanks

Hello TradeN,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

Right click on the chart and select Properties -> Change the color for Color of Background

Click Ok, this will change the background color to your choice.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

True, already tried that, but all the items on the chart that are in black on the white chart are no longer visible on the black chart because they are black to begin with. So all of the items also need to be changed from black to white or what ever color one chooses to have them. Such as gridlines, prices, candle wicks and so on.

Comment

TradeN,

In the same properites window, you can change the color of the gridlines with Horitzontal or Vertical gridlines.

Additionally, the Color for Axis will change the text color and axis colors for the chart

Comment

Maybe you should try it, unless my copy is broken, you will see what I'm talking about. When I change the background to black, the gridlines turn white, but all of the prices that were in black are still in black and can no longer be seen, the Return Icon in the upper right corner is not viewable anymore, but it is still there and working, if you play around trying to find it. The list of indicators on the current chart can not be seen. The entry/exit data points are not viewable, but the entry/exit arrows are because they are a color other then black to begin with. So, back to my original question and request what are all of the steps needed to convert from a white chart to a black chart??? Is there not an easy what to change to a dark chart which is easy to do with other platforms? If every single item that makes up a chart and all of the possible items that one may want on a chart has to be change, then what are the steps what are the office names of the items I'm looking to change and where will I find them to make the changes?

Comment

TradeN,

Can you provide a screenshot of the chart and chart properties window so I can see your current setup?

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and add it as an attachment by Reply -> Go Advanced -> Click the Paperclip on the top toolbar

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

http://take-a-screenshot.org/

Comment

Screen Shot Redo

Here is my basic white background chart straight from NJ, with an instrument and a ema indicator nothing else has been changed or added. I move the chart back to the left a little so the return Icon would be showing.

On the black chart the only change I made from the white chart is I changed the background to black.

Thanks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by TradeN; 03-08-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

From the "Properties" menu, you will need to change the "Color for axis" from the default black to your color of choice. This will allow you to see the prices/time scale on the black background.

If you are using the Candlestick style chart, you will need to right click--> select "Data Series"--> change the Candle outline and Wick to the color of your choice.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks, I was going through all of the videos on your site and saw one on changing the Axis properties. What about the Instrument and Indicators that are in the upper left of the chart, how do I change them to the color of preference?

Comment

Also, once I get the chart to look the way I want, I have been clicking to make it the default chart, and it works fine while I'm currently using it, but if I start a new chart or if I close out and reopen the platform and charts, they are back to the way the look right out of the box and all of my changes have to be re-applied. So, how do I save it once I have it looking the way I want it to look, and every chart I open after that will look the same?

Comment

Originally posted by TradeN View Post
                      Thanks, I was going through all of the videos on your site and saw one on changing the Axis properties. What about the Instrument and Indicators that are in the upper left of the chart, how do I change them to the color of preference?
                      The text in the top left corner of the chart will be changed when change the Color for Axis. This property will change both the axis and labels for your chart

Originally posted by TradeN View Post
                      Also, once I get the chart to look the way I want, I have been clicking to make it the default chart, and it works fine while I'm currently using it, but if I start a new chart or if I close out and reopen the platform and charts, they are back to the way the look right out of the box and all of my changes have to be re-applied. So, how do I save it once I have it looking the way I want it to look, and every chart I open after that will look the same?
                      Once you have the chart setup like you prefer, you can right click on the chart--> select Properties"--> and select "Set default" which will save those settings.

If you wish to save the data series settings, you can also right click on the chart--> select "Data Series"--> right click on the Data Series parameters and hit "set default for period type".

More information on saving chart defaults can be found below:

You can also save all your desired settings in a chart template to be loaded at a later time.

To do this, please right click within your chart->Templates->Save As->Name the Template->Click Ok.

Next within your new chart right mouse click-->Templates-->Load-->Select your template-->Click Ok.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Chart Templates.

MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Thanks for your help, only missing one thing. How do I change the candle wicks to match the color of the candle, I can see where and how to change the wicks from black to another color, but that changes both up and down candle's wicks. Is there a way to change the up candle's wick to the same color as the up candle and then change the down candle's wick to the same color as the down candle? As of now, if I change the wicks color from black to white, then it is hard to see if it falls on the gridlines.

Comment

Hello,

The property which you mentioned is the only way to change wick color by default. There is not a way to define different colors for up/down wicks by default however this is something which could be accomplished with custom programming. If you are not a programmer yourself any of the NinjaScript consultants listed at the following link could code this project for you: http://www.ninjatrader.com/partners....pt-Consultants
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, thanks anyway, It seems I read somewhere, maybe on another site about changing the outline of the candle would do it, but did not see how to change the outline.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                            166 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post sidlercom80  
                            Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes