Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do I get the gridlines to mark the sessions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get the gridlines to mark the sessions?

How do I get the gridlines to mark the regular session open and close and still be able to see the full almost 24-hour session of say the emini S&P or any other instrument I may want to view or chart?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

A custom session template would need to be created using the Session Manager. (Tools > Session Manager) Please see the following link for more information about creating Session Templates: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...on_manager.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have played around with the Session Manager, but only see where I can set it for the full session (+/- 24-hours) or for regular session (8:30 to 16:15 central time), but not for both. All I'm looking for is a gridline to identify the regular session open and close on the full session chart. Or am I going to have to flip back and forth between the two?

Comment

Hello TradeN,

You will need to create a session template that contains the hours you want data plotted on the chart and with the start and end times you want to use.

Below is a link to the Session Manager section of our help guide.

Attached Files
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This sure seems like a simple and easy request, but I guess not. I see the session times on other platforms, why it is not available on NT is mind boggling. All CME US Index Futures have three sessions each day, with the session manager I only see the ability to input for one session. In the session manager templates you have CME US Index Futures ETH which is the full almost 24-hour session (5:00pm to 4:15pm) and you have the CME US Index Futures RTH which is the regular almost 8-hour session (8:30am to 3:15pm). I need them combined with a gridline marker at the open and close of each session. So regular open would be 8:30am and close at 3:15, after the bell open at 3:15 and close at 4:15, and afterhours would be 5:00pm to 8:30am the following day.

The goal is to be able to see the full session say all 24-hours of data with a grid line marker between each open or close for the regular, after the bell, and afterhours sessions.

Any Ideals or is it not doable with NT? Or did I miss something in the Session Manager on setting multi-able time frames?

Comment

Hello TradeN,

Did you create a custom session template?

If so, at what point are you experiencing troubles?

Comment

Custom Session Problems

Well, I created a custom session, added all of the days and times, even put in the afterhours sessions for Saturday and Sunday, it accepted all of the additions, but the last one Item 12 which is Saturday 5:00pm till Sunday 4:15pm. It says start time needs to be less then the end time. But Item 11, Friday 5:00pm till Saturday 4:15 is the same as Item 12 and it accept it if I delete Item 12. So???

Also, if I delete Item 12, so I can view the results on the chart, the date is all out of whack, so I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, included snipped shot of the Session Manger and the error I'm getting.

Let me know, if you get it figured out. Thanks for your time.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello TradeN,

In the Session Manager window, Saturday is considered the end of the week and Sunday is the start of the week.

You can set the last session to 'Saturday 5:00 PM to Saturday 11:59 PM'.

You will then want to set a new first session for 'Sunday 12:00 AM to Sunday 4:15 PM'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rehmans
                by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                0 responses