ES Historical Data Mar 10 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello BCE111,

Only the missing historical data will be unavailable this week. All data that will be recorded this week will be available as historical and doesn't need to be restored.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
      We received an update that the data servers are recording data again
      The issue is still not fixed. There is no historical data at all on the March ES, except for a max of four minutes (9:47-9:50a). Since yesterday, there has been nothing before 9:47a today, and nothing after 9:50a today.

Can you please give us an accurate ETA on when this will be fixed?

Thank you.

Comment

Today, the Ninja servers were found to not be recording historical data (Amp-CQG only?). Based on forum posts, this was originally reported on March 7 (when the problem was apparently intermittent) & again on March 9 (when the problem was continuous/ongoing). The problem then caused disruptions to all the Ninja traders on Monday morning. As with similar issues in the past, nothing gets resolved until the techs arrive at their normal Monday work hours. In this case, while the problem was repaired Monday morning, the missing data will not be available until next weekend - causing traders lost revenue & significant duress. Meanwhile, Ninja's reputation gets hammered.

At some point, it would seem prudent for Ninja to have one or more of these knowledge-filled techs available to resolve these issues over the weekend. In this particular case, it appears that the techs could have not only resolved the issue but also replaced any missing data - eliminating the disruption for most traders.

Comment

Originally posted by Elevator2TheTop View Post
          The issue is still not fixed. There is no historical data at all on the March ES, except for a max of four minutes (9:47-9:50a). Since yesterday, there has been nothing before 9:47a today, and nothing after 9:50a today.

Can you please give us an accurate ETA on when this will be fixed?

Thank you.
          We do not have an ETA at this time however, we are are working on potential resolutions. For the interim, you ES 06-14 has historical data (although a minor gap) you could use this as a temporary proxy until the issue is resolved.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by RL8093 View Post
            Today, the Ninja servers were found to not be recording historical data (Amp-CQG only?). Based on forum posts, this was originally reported on March 7 (when the problem was apparently intermittent) & again on March 9 (when the problem was continuous/ongoing). The problem then caused disruptions to all the Ninja traders on Monday morning. As with similar issues in the past, nothing gets resolved until the techs arrive at their normal Monday work hours. In this case, while the problem was repaired Monday morning, the missing data will not be available until next weekend - causing traders lost revenue & significant duress. Meanwhile, Ninja's reputation gets hammered.

At some point, it would seem prudent for Ninja to have one or more of these knowledge-filled techs available to resolve these issues over the weekend. In this particular case, it appears that the techs could have not only resolved the issue but also replaced any missing data - eliminating the disruption for most traders.
            I agree that there should be someone here on the weekend to deal with issues like this. It has affected us. And I did bring this up originally on Friday and it was discussed again yesterday.

As far as the data for today, my data is updating as of around 9:50 EST through now.

Comment

If you refresh historical data, you will find that there is no historical data after 9:50a. You are seeing the live feed after 9:50a.

Comment

Totally agreed and well said!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
                  Hello Richard,

Unfortunately this is not possible due to licensing agreements.
                  I don't know what your agreements say, but unless you have a hostile relationship with the other party, it doesn't seem like it would hurt to ask about making your customers whole in a contingency case. The spirit of the agreement was likely meant to prevent you from broadcasting the data widely.

Anyway, I'm just trying to think of options to fix this, other than waiting 5 to 7 days.

Can you help us understand what prevents you from putting it on your server before the weekend? If you have to stop recording to do that, then it seems to me you should do it. I mean, either way there's a gap in the historical data, but it will be considerably smaller (minutes vs hours). Maybe during the gap between globex sessions this afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardTodd View Post

Can you help us understand what prevents you from putting it on your server before the weekend? If you have to stop recording to do that, then it seems to me you should do it. I mean, either way there's a gap in the historical data, but it will be considerably smaller (minutes vs hours). Maybe during the gap between globex sessions this afternoon?
                    Richard,
                    Interesting idea, we are not set up to do this right now in short order. I will consider this. Right now we are trying to figure out how to resolve the underlying problem.

Comment

Hi All,

I just posted a status update here:

Comment

Experiencing same issue with CL

Comment

Server real-time operation resolved - Status update posted here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...854#post366854

Comment

Ray,
                            In the announcements section, you shared:
                            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
                            Minor gaps in historical data remain and will be restored this coming weekend.
                            Does this mean that the techs have been able to restore most of the data not recorded last night & this morning?

or

Does it mean that you consider the gap from ~17:00 Sunday thru ~09:47 Monday to be "minor"?

If, indeed, it is the former, should we now reload historical data (or restart Ninja) to have the data gap restored?

Comment

Ray,
                              In the announcements section, you shared:

Does this mean that the techs have been able to restore most of the data not recorded last night & this morning?

or

Does it mean that you consider the gap from ~17:00 Sunday thru ~09:47 Monday to be "minor"?

If, indeed, it is the former, should we now reload historical data (or restart Ninja) to have the data gap restored?
                              Any gap will be restored this weekend. I had thought that gaps were measured in minutes, that was my mistake and I will update my original post accordingly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by trilliantrader, Yesterday, 03:01 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                              Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes