Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No current day data on daily chart

Hello:

I'm trying to understand why a daily chart doesn't show current day data (ie - the chart only goes up to the previous day's bar but doesn't show current day price). If I switch to a small time frame (eg - 15, 30 minutes), the chart shows the current data (of course, no backfill of intra day data - I know this is a limitation of those data feeds), but this does not show up on the daily chart.

I've tried with both Yahoo and Google data feeds and the result is the same.

Thank you.

Hello,

These data feeds, including the Kinetick End Of Day connection will only provide you with daily interval charts.

To create a new chart with a daily interval go to File> New> Chart

Select an instrument and press New at the top right change Type to Day, Week, Month, or Year

Select OK and a daily interval chart will load.

Below I have provided a link to our YouTube video NinjaTrader 7 Tips - Using Kinetick - End Of Day (Free).

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://ninjatrader.comLearn more about Kinetick http:///www.kinetick.comThis video demonstrates how to use the Kinetick - End Of...

Kinetick also offers live intraday data, please see http://www.kinetick.com/
    CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know how to put up a chart. Thanks.

My question is why does the current day's (current price and volume, albeit delayed) data doesn't show (while those feeds obviously provide that data)?

Thank you

Comment

Hello,

NinjaTrader doesn't support delayed quotes.

Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
        CameronNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do you understand why, on a Market Analyzer window, the price shown under "LastPrice" is not the same as the one on a chart for the same instrument?

In fact, the price in the chart differs based on the timeframe selected (daily, 60min, etc.), which is a bit strange as the last available price should be the same for all timeframes, right?

(I'm using IB and Kinetick feeds).

Thank you

Comment

Hello CyclingTrader,

Thank you for the follow up.

This could depend on the Session Template you have set on the Market Analyzer compared to your chart window:
            • Right mouse click on the Market Analyzer window > Properties...
            • Check your session template
            • Click OK when finished.

As I test on my end, the LastPrice column listed on the Market Analyzer shows the same price on my minute and tick charts.

When connected to the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection this will not update the current days price until the end of the day after the Exchange has closed and will not update real time for the current day.
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jaybedreamin  
            Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes