Need to fix autotrading through Ninjatrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to fix autotrading through Ninjatrader

I want to autotrade through my lifetime multibroker NinjaTrader license using trading signals generated by NeoTicker by Tickquest. NeoTicker support indicates that "You cannot have an ActiveX order interface like MB Trading be your data feed and a different ActiveX order interface be your broker. You would need to use a non-ActiveX build-in data feed like eSignal or IQFeed in order to use NinjaTrader as your order server at this time."

Is that right?

Can you tell me which of the data providers you support does not deliver data through ActiveX so I can switch to one of those data providers, or give me some other insight into how to solve the problem of interfacing NinjaTrader with NeoTicker to autotrade?

Thanks!

We do not have have a handy list to tell you which connections would use ActiveX or not. I'm not entirely sure I follow the statement from NeoTicker. Do you know for what reason you would not be able to use two together? I'm not aware of any conflicts as a result of two connections using ActiveX....
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I was told "It is possible (and even likely, I would think) that future versions of NeoTicker will let you have more than one ActiveX interface active at a time, but not currently."

Comment

MBT is the only ActiveX connection in NinjaTrader 7. With that said if all you need is date, Kinetick, IQFeed or eSignal should meet your needs for a data provider.

Comment

I had a situation this morning where a strategy bought an ES contract in sim but the same strategy didn't buy the ES contract live. This has happened for three trades now. The live strategy eventually did buy independent of the same strategy in sim--the sim strategy didn't buy that time. This is the first time I've ever seen this happen. I double checked both strategies in the edit box and could find no discrepancies. Any ideas as to how or why this happened?

Comment

Originally posted by LTWCI View Post
            I had a situation this morning where a strategy bought an ES contract in sim but the same strategy didn't buy the ES contract live. This has happened for three trades now. The live strategy eventually did buy independent of the same strategy in sim--the sim strategy didn't buy that time. This is the first time I've ever seen this happen. I double checked both strategies in the edit box and could find no discrepancies. Any ideas as to how or why this happened?
            Would not know the specific reason, but the most common reason for such a report is that the strategy position for the live account was not the same as the demo position, when compared to the actual accounts. For example, the live account may have received a rejection where the demo account did not.

Comment

Matthew,

I have not had this issue with any other strategy and I use about 50. I'm using Buy Sell Pressure from the indicator forum in the strategy. Maybe this indicator has something to do with the late entry.

Comment

You would need to debug the strategy at that point if it has happened more than once. I suggest adding TraceOrders and using Print() statements to verify the values/orders occur when you expect.

Comment

Originally posted by LTWCI View Post
                  Could this be related to the issue of using sim and live at the same time and nt getting lost?

Comment

Highly doubtful. I use 50 strategies in sim simultaneously and have never had this problem since owning Ninja Trader 3 years now. I really think the culprit is the indicator. It's the only logical reason.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ScottWalsh  
                    Started by olisav57, Today, 07:39 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post olisav57