Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart not updating - Missed Strategy Trades

Hello,

I am testing a purchased Strategy on the daily chart. I noticed last night that the daily chart was not being updated automatically. It still showed Wednesday, 05 March as the last bar on the daily chart. I had to close the chart, download data and then reopen the chart to get the missing bars to fill in.

I am connected to Kinetick paid service and paying the fees plus non-professional fees for the future changes (nymex).

However, the daily charts do not automatically update.

In the data settings, I do NOT have merge historical data flag and I DO have get data from server (if available) checked.

Any advice what is wrong? I missed a couple trades due to this and it is starting to Irritate me about how many small struggles I have had to get NT running for one strategy.

Hello xraptorx,

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

If the issue recurs, please let me know and check for any consistencies with today's occurrence.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello xraptorx,

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive realtime data.

If the issue recurs, please let me know and check for any consistencies with today's occurrence.

HI Jason,

I have done this and still I have a problem where my charts are not updating. I have daily charts which show 11 March as last trade. I have a 1m chart which shows this morning about 10 hours ago when I opened it as last trade.

Kinetick real time is the data feed.

I have only struggled with one issue after another with NT and I really hope this will be fixed soon. I appreciate your advice.

Comment

Hello xraptorx,

Thank you for the follow up.

When connecting to a data provider, you will be forced to use the session start and end times for that data provider on daily charts.

You can troubleshoot the daily chart by creating a 1440 minute chart to simulate a daily interval and use an ETH (Electronic Trading Hours), Default 24/7, or Default 24/5 Session Template.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the situation or if I can provide any further assistance.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post yertle
        by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
        2 responses